New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am i looking at turning my 00 z28 into.. (modlist...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am i looking at turning my 00 z28 into.. (modlist...)

I have:
!FRA, Holley filter, TSP lid, TB coolant bypass, hooker catback, nitto 555R's on my 00 z28 with A4 2.73.

I've just completed my order on the following:
TCI SSF 3500, transgo, trans cooler
224/226 .560 or 570 lift cmmotorsports cam kit (3800-6100 peak gain range)
ASP pulley kit
Pacesetter race long tubes (!egr,!air,!cats) w/ory
3 series carrier, ratech deluxe install kit, new 3.42 gm gears.
LS6 Intake !egr style with coolant plugs
new plugs
EGR delete kit
160 thermostat

The car ran 13.797@103.45 on a crappy local track with lid/filter/nittos/catback. That seemed the same or faster than other cars of the same mod levels. Matter of fact many were running 14's.

The parts will be professionally installed and ls1edit dynotuned of course. No cutting corners on anything.

Any idea what i should expect? I'm looking for more speed (duh) but have no idea how it will drive. I've already got one no-lo laying drag,and on 68 in 33, so i gotta keep it cool on the streets , and when the tracks re-open find out what i'll really put down.

But humour me, anyone got any guestimates on power or 1/4 mile time? I don't plant to go to ET's. I want something the wife can drive to the strip and deflate the tires and rock out, or maybe put the smack down on some street cars or on the freeway.

How bad will driveability suffer ya think? I do alot of city driving (90%), 10% freeway, and when the strips open back up, i'll be there every other weekend i hope.

I suspect the nitto's (although new) will be on the edge of traction, and i might need to add some suspension (lca/panhard) if its too hairy..

So anyone got a similar setup and care to share their likes/dislikes?

cam/ls6intake/longtubes race/catback/nittos/pulley/lid/3500 ssf stall i guess is what i'll be rocking out.

Hopefully it will sound sweet with the cam and no cats' and shake some ***. I'm gonna keep it sleeper looking all go, 16" silver rims. Perhaps i'll grind off the DRAG RADIAL off the side of the tires and paint KELLY TIRES on the side

peace.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What am i looking at turning my 00 z28 into.. (modlist...)

WELL WITH YOUR CURRENT MODS ON 3:42 gears you should run 12.90's, im not sure what the temp was on the day of your 13.7 run but im sure that gears wont give you .8 gain. if it was really hot that its more understanable but im sure you still have more there. with the mods you have to come you should under good conditions see some 11's with that cam and stall
Old 10-22-2003, 03:31 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lets just say your car will be a totally different animal
Old 10-23-2003, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Sam, congrats on the marriage! How's the new life treatin ya? I think you'll be happy with the new setup. That cam you have on order isn't as radical as the one that Steve has, so you can probably use that as a bit of comparison.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

thanks, the wedding and honeymoon was awesome. europe was kick ***, and you really appreciate a ls1 and big cars (And roads) when i got back home. I don't want to sacrifice too much streetability or reliability, and prefer (i hope) to not have something that wreeks of lope, im going for the sleeper effect. Only work i might do is tint the bugger, but its not that bad right now in the winter.