Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap won't start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap won't start!!!

I finally thought i had everything ironed out in my swap but it appears not. The engine is an LS1 out of a 2004 Corvette going into my 1990 Miata. The wiring harness is out of a 1999 Camaro, and the PCM is from Wait4MePerformance. I have tested that the 2 orange wires on the blue PCM plug are getting a constant 12v. The 5 pink wires from the Camaro fusebox plugs are getting ignition 12v. The 3 grounds on the back of the drivers side head are grounded. I have verified all this at the computer as well. The car turns over but there is no spark, and no fuel. Crank position sensor and Cam position sensor are getting 12v. The plug to the coils is getting ignition 12v. There are no check engine lights, and i used a crappy auto parts store scanner to confirm that.

Am i missing a constant power wire somewhere? Maybe a ground? Could i just have a bad crank or cam sensor but not be throwing a CEL?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Teching In

I ran into a similar problem with my 99 vette a few years ago when doing a stereo install that involved removing the passenger airbag. Whatever system in the pcm that controls that will cause the same problem you are having. I am no expert but maybe that could help. After reading the thread I think you need to find a new company to do your programming. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Clutch pushed in and reed switch hooked up? Won't crank or won't fire?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

I too am thinking it is in the computer "tune".

The starter turns over, but it is controlled in the chassis wiring as well as my clutch switch. Without looking at the tune on my PCM i don't know if any of that is bypassed or whatnot.

Quick Reply: Swap won't start!!!