New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli lid question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Default Granatelli lid question

Ok, I know there have probably been threads about this, but I couldn't find any....

I have a guy wanting to sell me a "granatelli" lid (the markings are off it currently) and smooth bellow (new) for $40.

I'm going to jump on it, but I was just wondering...is this all there is to a lid?! just this plastic piece...?

Looking on even Ebay it shows additional pieces and even a little circular "filter" in the picture.

I've done work on my cars before, and intake stuff is usually a breeze, just want to make sure I don't pay for this and find out I was missing something (usually I only buy new parts)..

thanks guys,

-Terry

p.s.....I'm guessing I'll pick up a new K&N to go along with this since when I looked at my stock piece it looked extremely dirty.
Old 04-16-2009 | 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i went with the slp lid, got a good deal from mark @kyspeed, as for the smooth bellow ive only read of not even minor gains. i know most just keep the stock one because the bellow has a chance to crack your lid under load or something. maybe the gurus can chime in =D
Old 04-16-2009 | 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Need more info, ...

If you have a 2001-2002 model car, then typically they run the AIR tubing up to the side of the lid.

If you get an older version lid without the side hole, or if it's plugged & you get no adaptor hose/fitting, then you can simply buy a small round breather from your local supply store, or online to put in the AIR line.

Here's a sample photo of the small breather used in the AIR line;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grana...ehicleQ5fParts

If you ever plan on taking your car to a dealership for 'warranty' work, ..., They may decline any warranty because of the oil contamination on the MAF screen, from the K&N filter. Don't go overboard on your oiling. Better plan is to simply stick with a standard paper filter & change it on a regular basis.

'Warranty', as if there's any warranty left, ..., you know what I mean.

The bellows as mentioned many times before, is not a significant hp increase at all. People do it mainly for lokks anymore.

But $40 is still a good deal. You can make it work, ...
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, that's what I'm talking about, this DOESNT have that little breather.
Old 04-19-2009 | 10:59 PM
Launching!

sounds like like a great deal...........

Quick Reply: Granatelli lid question