Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Weiand Intake

I just received my Holley Intake from Summit. Instead of the Holley Logo on the Intake it has a Weiand Logo with John Ligenfelters Signature under it. Is my intake different from the intake's with the Holley Logo? Is mine an older version therefore make less HP than the one with the Holley Logo on it? It is the regular Aluminum not the polished version if that makes a difference.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Before you put it on, return it and get the LS6 intake. The intake you have is prone to heat soak.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SApache40
I just received my Holley Intake from Summit. Instead of the Holley Logo on the Intake it has a Weiand Logo with John Ligenfelters Signature under it. Is my intake different from the intake's with the Holley Logo? Is mine an older version therefore make less HP than the one with the Holley Logo on it? It is the regular Aluminum not the polished version if that makes a difference.

Unless you are going to port the Sh&t out of that thing return it or sell it. Its only benefits over the current LS6 are its ability to be ported and its direct NOS injection capabilities. The downsides are many; cost, weight, heatsoak, etc. DO yourself a favor and wait for the new LSX to drive down the price of some LS6 intakes which the market is bound to be flooded with, at least temporarily any way. Also WEIAND is a division of the HOLLEY corp, just like FAST is a division of COMP cams. They all say WEIAND on the top and they all are the Lingenfelter signature series b/c he helped with the R&D of it, at least that is what I have read in some of my mags when they first came out.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

The reason I bought the Weiand Intake is because I do plan on buying my new Heads in the future and port match it with the intake. The cheapest I found the LS6 Intake with EGR components was SLP's and that was $465. I got the Weiand Intake for $449 and its compatible with my current EGR setup on my 98 Z28. So I figured instead of buying another intake in the future I'll might as well buy the Weiand Intake now and not worry about spending more money. I've been told by many people that the Weiand Intake will produce more HP than the LS6 probably around 5HP more. Since I have an aftermarket cam maybe I'll see a bigger gain.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:22 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call up holley and ask them. I purchased that holley intake, and I had the WEIAND logo with the sig under it. Apparently, there were some defective units sold that did not seal properly. I had one that had that problem and ended up having to put my LS1 intake back on and ordering the regular plastic LS6 intake. (annoying amount of unnecessary work, and I didnt feel like doing it again).
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

return it and get a ls6....question if you're going to mod it out like that, why keep emissions provisions? didn't see if you were in cali or not....but port-matching heads/intake would help emissions either way. just curious.