New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater hose problem anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater hose problem anyone else?

I had a heater hose blow out and I went to different parts stores to try to get the part and no one had it?!?! WTF... Is this a dealer specific part? It's the hose that runs from the heater core to the water pump if I remember correctly the one on the right when looking at the two lines from the front. I haven't had the car for about a year now but it has been bothering me since. I made a quick fix by bypassing the heater core altogether and looping the hose back into the waterpump. Dumb idea i'm assuming because it starting coming out of the coupling on the radiator about 2 days later (too much pressure?) haha damn newbs
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Had the same issue bypassed the heater core 6 months ago still have not got a heater hose but now its time to locate one, waiting here with you for a response dealer said no-go found some on ebay a while back but now none.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Last time I checked it was a dealer item, and telling you from just replacing one, it sucked. I bought one used off of here. You actually have to get both hoses, they are one piece, half aluminum and half rubber.

Your other option is to just by the correct size hose and kinda try and run it the same way the stocker ran, just dont kink it.

Or if you dont care, they make caps for the outlets on the waterpump.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Yea I knew that they both connected. First I tried putting a steel pipe inside the hose and clamping it down on both ends. That didn't work. So I ended up looping a hose from the inlet to the outlet on the water pump. Like I said though I got rid of the car. But thanks, now I dont feel so bad about it.