Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p0107 but the wiring is ok

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default code p0107 but the wiring is ok

i have code poping up p0107. i know its for the MAP but the plug is fine and so are the wires. my heat is not blowing thru the vets and theres a hisssing sound on the pass side. does any one have an idea?

thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a DMM, like a volt meter.

check the volatage going to it, should be about 5 volts,

and then check to see if it has proper ground.

then check the signal and see how much voltage it is producing at idle, shouldnt be much more then .5 volt to 1.2v

btw backprobe it with a t pin or paper clip even. just dont mess it up when you put it in there.

backprobing is putting a small pin in the back of the connecter and then put the red lead on that and a black lead to a known good ground, then bring it thru the rpm range, shouldnt exceed 4.5 to 5 volts, 5 volts is usually way to high thu.

is there a vacuum leak in your car?

posiblly take some propane, and spray it around vacuum lines and gaskets, if your rpms go up, theres your leak, and do it in moderation not to much.

if you f something up I take no responsibility

I dont know to much about these cars in general but if theres a hissing sound thru the vents, maybe the controls are vacuum operated and maybe one came lose and now you have a vacuum leak throwing your MAP readings off.

Quick Reply: code p0107 but the wiring is ok