New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another LQ4 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default Yet another LQ4 question

Ok, sorry for another post, but I have searched here and LS1 and googled for this info and can't find the answer, but I damn sure know the difference between an LQ4 and 9 and the horsepower and a ton of other ****.....Anyways I have a 2004 LQ4 with a return fuel line (late model 03 motor) that I put in my jeep TJ. I need an external fuel pump and I know that the fuel pressure should be around 58-60 PSI but the issue I have is the gph measurement. Does this matter? Or do I just need to order a pump with at least 60 psi capabilities? I am creating a complete fuel delivery from a new tank all the way forward. If my searching is correct, I already have a regulator on the fuel rail right? I know I saw walbro pumps talked about, and I believe it was a 255 but I looked and didnt see the 255 but I could be wrong..So any help would be great....I am also posting this on LS1...

P.S. If this is already here somewhere and I missed it somehow amongst all the other BS about the 6.0s I appologize...
Old 05-12-2009 | 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

If the injectors you plan to use are stock a stock pump will suffice, A bigger injector MAY need more pump but not always... Never a bad idea though...