New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad lpp header vibration please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad lpp header vibration please help!

So i have a bad vibration coming from the driver side i have had my headers on for about 1 month and it has been getin worse i cant firgure out were it is coming from i put on the bump stop that came with the headers and that stoped the y pipe from hiting the floor but it sounds like the header is hiting somthing i thought it may be the cross member so i took off the header and grinded it down so i dont think its hiting that. i heard people say that poly mounts will help and im not sure how? it looks like the header is hiting the motor mount on the cross http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/..._id=1761member i was wondering if these would help
along with poly mounts? anyone who was had this problem please help its driving me crazy also its only hits when im in drive or reverse not in park and its real bad when i let off the gas. my car 02 ws6 a4 thanks for any help you can give.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97ta383
So i have a bad vibration coming from the driver side i have had my headers on for about 1 month and it has been getin worse i cant firgure out were it is coming from i put on the bump stop that came with the headers and that stoped the y pipe from hiting the floor but it sounds like the header is hiting somthing i thought it may be the cross member so i took off the header and grinded it down so i dont think its hiting that. i heard people say that poly mounts will help and im not sure how? it looks like the header is hiting the motor mount on the cross http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/..._id=1761member i was wondering if these would help
along with poly mounts? anyone who was had this problem please help its driving me crazy also its only hits when im in drive or reverse not in park and its real bad when i let off the gas. my car 02 ws6 a4 thanks for any help you can give.
A buddy of mine has the same problem. His headers are touching the k-member and motor mount. Did you buy your headers within the last few months? It seems to me the last few sets of headers were poorly designed as Im starting to see more thread come out about them. Poly mounts might help because it wont cause the motor to torque over as much when you put it in drive or reverse. But this is not a guarantee. When my buddy took his car to a shop they told him they would have to heat up and bend the headers out of the way for a sure fix...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like they are touching the K member somewhere.

Find out where and notch the member accordingly.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

driver side touches the motor mount mine does exactly what yours does im just going to order a tubuler k member

Quick Reply: Bad lpp header vibration please help!