New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of a professional to help me put my plan together..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 01:14 PM
Launching!

Default In need of a professional to help me put my plan together..

Alright well I'm about finished modding my appearance of the bird and I'm about to start performance and i'm not very knowledgable of headers and exhaust and such but first let me tell you what I've done..

So far I've added a SLP Lid, K&N filter, 275 Nitto 555R's, and Flowmaster cat-back.

Its not alot but its what I have at the moment, next is what my goal is and what I would want to expect, and what I don't want...

I would like to feel a noticable change in power like a pretty big difference. I ONLY want full-bolt ons, (I don't know if "Full-Boltons" includes cam but I dont want to do a Cam because this is a DD.) I want it to sound mean and clean. Loud is okay as long as it doesn't sound like crap. I want to keep it a nice car I don't want anything to be half ***'d so basically I'm willing to spend some extra cash to make sure everything is done right the first time...

If I go with full-boltons, will i need suspension upgrades?

And this is embarressing but what actually does full-bolt ons consist of?

I know most of the basics, I just need the info, and i want a plan before I start modding...

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me I appreciate it greatly.
Old 06-05-2009 | 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Full boltons is, headers, Y pipe, catback, intake, throttle body, mass air flow, lid, ram air. A cam would be internal. I would do a set of coated pacesetter long tubes with a y pipe and either ditch the chokemaster for a hooker of magnaflow cat back or add a cut out. If you have more $$$ to spend get some kooks or american racing stainless headers. A fast toys ram air would help too. http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...products_id=28 You have your stock throttle body ported and get a 85mm mass air flow too.
Old 06-05-2009 | 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Since it's an M6 definately get 4.10 gears. It's a major seat of the pants improvement. Other than the basic bolt ons and headers a ported fast 92 intake and TB should gain another 20-25 rwhp. Plus you could sell the LS6 intake you have to offset some of the cost.
Old 06-05-2009 | 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

don't mean to thread hijack, since hamrdown mentioned about 4.10 gears, i'm wondering if the stock 10 bolts would do fine with the 4.10?
Old 06-05-2009 | 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

4.10's in a 10 bolt are not the best choice if your using any kind of tire that has some grip and your putting down some decent power... 3.73's would be a bit stronger. But its all up to your driving habit.

using street tires i would think it should hold the power fine but its never a sure thing.