New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Headlight mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they made a stupid law like that, then there gotta be idiots who left their brights on or use their brights excessivly in traffic.

Brights are intended for no oncoming vehicles or departing vehicles.

Like on a desert road at 3am in the morning, or a private road or whatever with very little to no traffic.

the NY DMV driving manaul states this about the high beams:

Your headlights must be on low beam when you are within 500 feet (150 m) of an approaching vehicle, or within 200 feet (60 m) of a vehicle ahead of you, even if the vehicle ahead is in a different lane.
You think it's bad to keep the brights on with the lo beams on?

Low beam 7500K HID's + high beams and fog lights, How about that!
Old 03-29-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

how does this mod affect Halo Headlights?
Old 03-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Sorry I just saw this post, but somebody should sticky something about this because there are so many people asking about it. IMO the easiest, safest, and most straight forward way to go about having 4 headlight high beams is to use a kit from painless wiring. I know its not even made for our cars, but its just a simple relay kit that has very good instructions so anybody could do it. get the kit made for 94-98 full size chevrolet trucks (I can get you the part number if you want it) It wires in with the power wires on ONE of your headlights (mine is on driver side) and hooks up to the battery + and a ground and thats it. Its very simple, and with a relay you wont add any stress that your factory harness wasnt designed to take.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

get me the pn please ill defantely buy it !
Old 04-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Launching!

All of you probably lost interest by now lol. I am sorry, I rarely get on this site now. It's Painless Wiring part #30802 (Headlight Relay Kit) here's a link http://www.painlessperformance.com/catalogframe.htm when you go to that page, it's the item in the top left corner. Took me 15 minutes to install. The wires wont be color matched like they say in the directions, but all you do is ground the kit, then hook up the + on the low and the + on the high beam. If you look in the pictures you should be able to figure it out easily. Hope that helped.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Oops.....when that page opens, click "headlight relays and accessorys" then its in the top left corner
Old 06-06-2004, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a link to a write up or a diagram for the light wires in order to do the 4 headlight mod? Or maybe even for the Halo Headlights?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MontereyLS1
Oops.....when that page opens, click "headlight relays and accessorys" then its in the top left corner

Thanks for the info...gotta get that relay and do the mod
Old 06-06-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Which One Is For Our Cars?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FenixSS
Is there a link to a write up or a diagram for the light wires in order to do the 4 headlight mod? Or maybe even for the Halo Headlights?
I guess no one knows? I couldn't find one with the search button
Old 06-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Launching!

There is not one specifically for our cars.......you have to use the one for the 1994-1998 Chevy/GMC Fullsize trucks. The colors will not match as they say in the directions, but you hook the wires to the + on each headlight just as it says.....colors on car just WONT match. The kit comes with instructions, if you have ANY electrical knowledge, you should be able to figure it out pretty easily. Order the part # I posted above and it will work, its very simple once you get it in your hands.

The reason I suggest this instead of the jumper thing the other guy was talking about (in the steering column) is because when you jumper 2 wires like that, they get more current running through them than they were designed to. That is a good way to burn up a wiring harness. When you use a relay, it supplies power and doesnt cause an extra load on your car's harness. hope that helped.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Default Back from the Dead

Originally Posted by Midnight F-117A
Under the driver's panel, there's an connector in brown color, it has a white/tan and a yellow wire going to it. Connect the white and yellow/tan wire together. Don't cut the wires going to the plug, just fuse them together.

This will enable the low beams to stay on and the high beams to come on when the brights stalk lever is pulled.
Is this right? I am thinking about getting some HID's and doing the Four headlight mod, so my HIDs will stay on with my highbeams . Just want to make sure that this is true before I do this.

Quick Reply: 4 Headlight mod