Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving a 240SX some balls

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giving a 240SX some *****

Yes, I'm an import car driver. No, I'm not putting in an import engine - I want some naturally aspired power... namely, an LS1.

Is there any advise to be had? How do I get it ready, what do I need to change about my suspension, rear end, brakes, driveshaft, exhaust (H pipe? ) all that good stuff. Any input would be appreciated.

For specifics, it's a 1993 240SX S13 coupe with aftermarket 17" wheels. There are NO electronic upgrades that I know of (I got it after the harness was rebuilt after the previous owner, a 16 year old girl, put on jumper cables backwards). 5-speed manual, and the struts were replaced about 7 months ago.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Check the Conversions and Hybrids section for more input.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

i just did one in a mustang. turned out great. your stuff will be a little different but you can just make the motor mounts and rans mount, have someone make a drive shaft, and as far as a harness i got one off ebay what worked good for a conversion application. then just hook up the cooling hoses to the radiator. not to terribly hard for someone that has some knowledge about automobiles