New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep getting service engine light since header install!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Keep getting service engine light since header install!!

I installed a set of the bbk long tubes with y pipe and megnaflow muffler. These cars have an air pump to the stock exhaust manifold but my new headders don't use this. So i took out all the hoses but kept the pump working because if i removed it completly i got a code. Couldn't take out the fuse because i got a code!! But when i go on the highway for anymore than 10 mins i still get an air pump code!!! I have to keep clearing it. Anyway to stop this without bringing it to a performance shop. Plus the pump is very noisy!! Souds like a blower.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to get the codes turned off. There are a few of them so make sure they get them all. Like you said just pulling the fuse will probably throw P0412 - I'd pull the AIR PUMP fuse in the interim so you won't have to listen to it.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just take the air pump and everything out... even if you pull the fuse for it you will still get a code... if you have an egr valve and the headers don't have provisions for it then take all that crap off too and plug your intake manifold... and you won't be using your rear o2's either if you have longtubes so take those off as well and then get all the codes tuned out and you're all set