Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Symptoms of bad PCV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Symptoms of bad PCV?

For my own curiousity.......what symptoms would one receive if your PCV was bad? I'm guessing oil consumption would increase, anything else?

I've read some of the stuff about how bad the LS1 pcv system is, and am not ready to tackle the LS6 pcv upgrade yet.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

my pcv hose was rotted where it splits off behind the intake manifold... i didn't find it until i put my ls6 intake on... before i fixed it the car ran fine but felt like it had a slight hesitation starting around 1500 rpms but it wasn't very bad... and the oil reaked of gas... i had a small vacuum leak where the hose was rotted through... i have since repaired that hose and installed dual catch cans so hopefully that will take care of that issue... i don't feel like doing the ls6 pcv conversion either... the catch cans should take care of oil in the intake so i'll just keep an eye on my oil level... i hardly drive the car anyway so i'm not worried about it honestly
Old 07-22-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

hesitation,oil consumption,and a drop in gas mileage.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've never changed my valve in the almost 10 years I have owned the car. I have experienced some oil consumption (who hasn't on a stock LS1?) and reduced mileage, but that could be due to mods as well......

I do have a new valve to put in though.

Quick Reply: Symptoms of bad PCV?