Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Lol..a little bored humor.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the throttle body by-pass mod safe for colder climates ,,, such as Canada for example.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

How far up..?

Hell if the Air is constantly cold enough I don't think that with it connected it will make much of a difference.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Southwestern Ontario, across the river from Detroit
Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the theory that pumping the coolant through the TB warms it up and helps atomize fuel better when it's cold? If so, and it's relying on the engine coolant, it's not going to do anything until the coolant heats up.

I may be missing something here, but I've always thought that the coolant lines to the TB were pretty much pointless. I really don't see them doing much other than add to heat soak once the car gets warm
Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

ebay sells it and you can always go to Autozone
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimbo98z
Isn't the theory that pumping the coolant through the TB warms it up and helps atomize fuel better when it's cold? If so, and it's relying on the engine coolant, it's not going to do anything until the coolant heats up.

I may be missing something here, but I've always thought that the coolant lines to the TB were pretty much pointless. I really don't see them doing much other than add to heat soak once the car gets warm
Fuel doesn't come through the TB, well not on this newer stuff, the older stuff it did. The ideal would be cold air and warm Fuel, the colder the air the more Oxygen it has. The warmer the Fuel the faster it disperses.

All the TB Coolant lines are for is to make sure the Blade(s) don't freeze as you are driving down the road in a really cold climate.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Fuel doesn't come through the TB, well not on this newer stuff, the older stuff it did. The ideal would be cold air and warm Fuel, the colder the air the more Oxygen it has. The warmer the Fuel the faster it disperses.

All the TB Coolant lines are for is to make sure the Blade(s) don't freeze as you are driving down the road in a really cold climate.

Yea, I understand the fact that the fuel doesn't go through the TB. I just was thinking that warm air (not hot) would cause it to atomize better, wasn't thinking about the fact that the fuel itself is what needs to be warm. Obviously, I was a little off target

I guess it would make sense about the blades freezing, however unlikely that is.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimbo98z
Yea, I understand the fact that the fuel doesn't go through the TB. I just was thinking that warm air (not hot) would cause it to atomize better, wasn't thinking about the fact that the fuel itself is what needs to be warm. Obviously, I was a little off target

I guess it would make sense about the blades freezing, however unlikely that is.
It's cool, nothing wrong with asking a question about what's on your mind.

I've seen pics of someone's TB frozen open once on a Truck..it was like in Alaska somewhere.