Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lids whats the diff betreen a stock and aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lids whats the diff betreen a stock and aftermarket

i have an o2 ss a4 and it came wit a slp blackwing lid..now whats the diff between that one and the aftermaket slp one if any ...i mean i thought they where the same but some one told me the after market one get s more flow so ?????
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure is a blackwing?? If it is then you don't need to worry about an aftermarket one. That blackwing is a rare piece and is very expensive. But it's no difference in the 2 except you don't have to worry about the blackwing rubbing underneth the hood and it fits perfect.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Default ???

yup its a black wing...it the right hand corner it says it..crazy i barely notice it...how much do they cost??? so then its fine right
Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of those lids alone go for $250 or 300 if not more. I guess it depends on the time you try to sell it. But I wouldn't pay that much for a lid but you have people out there who will pay that much for them but maybe. Check ebay I'm pretty sure someone has one listed on there. Yes it's fine that lid to me is an aftermarket lid itself. The regular stock lid has baffles behind the lid and has a bunch of lines along the top of the lid that hinders smooth air flow. But with a blackwing and aftermarket lids you don't use the baffles and if you take the lid and look at it it's smooth underneath no lines just flat and straight.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

No baffles = looks much better, flows much better, and louder (if you can hear it sucking above the sound of your exhaust , something I dont have the courtesy of)
Old 10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

The blackwing is an aftermarket lid to me. All aftermarket lids pretty much are just lids that have no baffles inside for smooth air flow.