Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell a z28 from a SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ColossalCamaro
Sure, they can stick you for a couple thousand more with an SS. If its a Z and they sell it as an SS he gets ripped off.
Not only that but if you ever get in a wreck with a clone, they will not replace your $1000 SS hood, just give you the regular one, and the spoiler and ZR1 wheels, of course if all thats broke it's probably totaled, in which case you will still get a little more for the real thing.

There is a chance they went to the trouble of replacing the door with the RPO sticker and dash VIN plaque along with the hood and spoiler, but then who cares as long as it looks legit!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hold up, last time I checked, the SS was only an option for the Z28. The SS isn't it's own trim level or anything like that. They all should say Z28 in the option list cause that's what it is. All you get is the hood (15+ HP), spoiler, rims, better quality tires, badges, and better suspension I believe.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelers33
Hold up, last time I checked, the SS was only an option for the Z28. The SS isn't it's own trim level or anything like that. They all should say Z28 in the option list cause that's what it is. All you get is the hood (15+ HP), spoiler, rims, better quality tires, badges, and better suspension I believe.
better suspension = 4x4 mod.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:14 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0331gunner
what is the z28s code???
******* Classic! LMAO.

Why do these threads always go the same way? Someone posts up asking how to tell a real SS... someone else says check the RPO code for WU8... then the thread goes on for two more pages with a lot of stupidity after the question was answered within the first couple posts.

I swear I've seen this happen 5 or 6 times.

I don't really care, I just think it's sad and I don't feel like working right now so I'll point this out.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ss's from slp have a sticker in the passenger door as well saying what options were installed by them.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AGB1976
I think ss's from slp have a sticker in the passenger door as well saying what options were installed by them.
Only if it got extra options above and beyond the standard SLP SS package. If it was the basic SS, it didnt get that sticker.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by steelers33
Yea not really a breakthrough, thats whats everyone has already said. But the SS is it's own RPO in addition to the Z28 and of that option is optional suspension. Also you get a slightly larger intermediate exhaust pipe which contributes to the "+15hp"

But more importantly you get the braggin rights and when ricers ask what car you have, you reply Camaro, they ask Z28? you reply no, pause, the SS and just for that brief moment they think you have the V6 and gives them false hope, and then the kick in the nuts reality check.

Last edited by mikedamageinc; 11-02-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Quick Reply: How to tell a z28 from a SS