New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune results after first mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 01:39 PM

You do realize you are in the newb section right? Excuse me for not knowing the etiquette of using signatures, and as noted I was just saving a step... not trying to ruin future searches or anything, even though I am not really sure who would care about this thread months from now when my next mod goes on...

But regardless, no one else had a problem with it. No need to go all pissy on me.

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I have another tip for you. Don't make a ******* thread that has results in your sig.

I can't stand when I'm looking for something and find a whole thread about it, only to find that the answer I wanted was in somebody's sig that is now different because they've done more mods or changed setups.

If you've got results or comments post it in the god damn post. Not your sig. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009 | 01:44 PM
Internet Mechanic

Just picking up my car today, I had some SFC's and a drag bar welded on as well as tuning out a DTC code and working on Driveability.

The car was dyno tuned there with the cam, but it was a different tuner, the original guy worked up 12 more hp then he had started w/ I do not have final figures until I get there but just so you know. You never know until you try.
Old 11-03-2009 | 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ShadowCat
You do realize you are in the newb section right? Excuse me for not knowing the etiquette of using signatures, and as noted I was just saving a step... not trying to ruin future searches or anything, even though I am not really sure who would care about this thread months from now when my next mod goes on...

But regardless, no one else had a problem with it. No need to go all pissy on me.
Nobody has a problem with it becuase they probably haven't need info that was in someones sig.

I try to be as dramatic about this as possible because it helps everyone who reads it to remember.
Old 11-03-2009 | 01:57 PM

I appreciate the heads up on the ettiquette... not so much the drama, lol.

I guess for future newbs it is good so they can get an idea... I assume that's what you mean when you mention needing info from what was in the sig, considering you are a weeeee bit further along based on the car in your signature!!!
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, it's not so much your info right now, but you never know who is looking for what.

We probably dyno about the same.
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:20 PM
Internet Mechanic

I have another tip for you. Don't make a ******* thread that has results in your sig.

I can't stand when I'm looking for something and find a whole thread about it, only to find that the answer I wanted was in somebody's sig that is now different because they've done more mods or changed setups.

If you've got results or comments post it in the god damn post. Not your sig. Thanks.
Not for nothing. This is the Noob section. Like said, cut some slack.

I hate nothing more for "For Sale" Post that has only a link to another post, which is a link to yet the original post.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-c...s6-wheels.html

Here yea go, go nuts!

**Edit**

I had this typed up 15 mins ago but posted now, but still. I think it is relevent.
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:28 PM

Thanks BSM... and wow, that guy in your link sure is post-padding!!!
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Not for nothing. This is the Noob section. Like said, cut some slack.

I hate nothing more for "For Sale" Post that has only a link to another post, which is a link to yet the original post.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-c...s6-wheels.html

Here yea go, go nuts!

**Edit**

I had this typed up 15 mins ago but posted now, but still. I think it is relevent.

I'll add that I also hate looking through page after page of "ttt" posts in the classifieds. If you bump an old classified thread, then delete your other 'bump' posts.

And when it's sold try deleting the whole thread. It's not always possible but sometimes you can delete the whole thing.
Old 11-03-2009 | 03:00 PM
Internet Mechanic

I'll add that I also hate looking through page after page of "ttt" posts in the classifieds. If you bump an old classified thread, then delete your other 'bump' posts.

And when it's sold try deleting the whole thread. It's not always possible but sometimes you can delete the whole thing.
I do that all the time, delete old bumps, makes the post look fresh and gives the look like I have not been sitting on it for too long.
Old 11-03-2009 | 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

I never even thought about that classified thing, good advice
Old 11-03-2009 | 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Well, what I meant by de baffling the hood, its taking out the plastic baffles behind the hood scoops, so when you look in through the ram air scoops on the hood you can see the filter all the way under the lid. And I just got some weather stripping from home depot, it comes sticky on one side and I stuck it two layers thick to the hood. When I close the hood it seals right to the air box.

Nice, Ram air does work, on my z28 I went from 115 to a best of 117.5 after the sux2bu setup. I had a sloer 60, but still ran a new best by .15.
Old 11-05-2009 | 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Default settle down beavis.

just when you think you know it all -- thats when you really start to learn..

Last edited by SSCAMARO02LS1; 08-29-2010 at 09:07 PM.