New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Fitment Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 275 look small on stock wheels ive ran the 315 on a 9 in rim and they fit and looked great.i kept about 22lbs of air in them all the time though.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

god when will the stupidity end. you have to look at them for 2 seconds to realize that they are just as wide as a 275 in any other brand as far as TREAD width, what actually counts. however overall width is less because the DRs have no sidewall, which allows the tire to flex to add traction. on a performance tire, there are wide sidewalls to reduce flexing to help cornering. of you look at a normal tire you will see where the tread ends and curves out and adds that half inch of width. if you want to be dumb about it and run a tire that big, go ahead. until you have seen firsthand the results of running an undersized/oversized tire, especially when you are running it on a wheel that is an inch and a half less than what every manufacturer approves of, you wont get how important it is. run the 275, they look fine. i have them on my 17x9 ZR1s, ZexGx has them on his 17x9 Firehawk wheels, Sommer86 has them on his 10 Spokes. All 17x9s, they all look fine.

Quick Reply: Nitto Fitment Question