Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid-air tube problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Lid-air tube problems

Ok, so I bought a used SLP lid for my 01 TA, made sure it has that little side hole before i bought it, now i have it but the hose extension that usually comes with SLP 01-02 airboxes wasnt included. Now im stuck with an air tube that cant connect with my box. I can order the extension from SLP for $25 but im wondering if theres an alternative. Does that air tube lead to anything important? Can i just rip it out and call it done?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

It's just the tube for the AIR system. PLug the box and move the hose out of the way, preferably a place where junk can get into it. That's what I did with my Z28. I've got a breather on my SS, but the AIR system is soon to be gone on that car, so then the breather will move to the Z.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

I'd just get rid of the air system. otherwise you could probably just buy a piece of heater hose in that size from the local autoparts store and route it. it won't have the pre-shaped bends but it'll be cheaper.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
I'd just get rid of the air system. otherwise you could probably just buy a piece of heater hose in that size from the local autoparts store and route it. it won't have the pre-shaped bends but it'll be cheaper.
That's kinda my recomendation too. Just mean time plug hole and tuck the hose away where it can't suck up debris.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I had the same problem with mine and just left it unplugged until I got my headers installed and then decided to take the whole pump and everything out.