New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock front grille

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003 | 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default stock front grille

I would like to remove this POS but i wanna know where the license plate bolt holes would be on the other side. I livein northern Va and we have this law that we have to have a front license plate. so any car from a dealership comes with the license plate bracket on the front. I wanna remove all of it so that those holes in the middle show. but i dont wanna do this if im gonna have two holes from the license plate holder bolts right in t h emiddle of my bumper cover. has anyone taken off both the plate holder and stock grille pos?
Old 12-20-2003 | 10:00 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Mine had holes in the bumper behind where the grill would have had the holes.
Old 12-20-2003 | 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok sweet so if i get the WW grille or something of the sorts it should bolt in the same place? im very very picky about drilling and things like that on my car. I only do things if its going to line up perfectly.
Old 12-20-2003 | 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
...I livein northern Va and we have this law that we have to have a front license plate...
Yeah, I live in No Va as well and you're right, the law does suck. I wanted a black billet aluminum grille but didn't know how to get around the licence plate problem. I finally fashioned my own licence plate bracket and cut down the licence plate and built a custom frame for it. But obviously I'd rather go without.

Old 12-21-2003 | 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default holly **** that looks bad ***

Originally Posted by JaysZ
Yeah, I live in No Va as well and you're right, the law does suck. I wanted a black billet aluminum grille but didn't know how to get around the licence plate problem. I finally fashioned my own licence plate bracket and cut down the licence plate and built a custom frame for it. But obviously I'd rather go without.

where in NoVa do you live? I think i've seen that car out near the Cascades/Assburn area! shoot me an email, i wanna come see that thing Stiflerrox101@aol.com. I live in Leesburg. i wanna take a look at that billet grille cause i have an idea that might just work, after talking to a sherrifs deputy buddy of mine, i asked him "as longas my front plate is on the front of the car, cops can't do anything right" and he said as long as when they look at the front of the car they can see it then you are ok....what about putting the plate behind the grille? if not i wanna attempt something like yours. that looks bad ***. shoot me an email...i GOTTA COME SEE THAT thing!
thnx
Travis
Old 12-21-2003 | 02:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

The law is the same here in the TX but I have seen a couple guys with the plate bolted on the black thing that always scrapes the ground that is underneith the front bumper cover. You can still see it from the front of the car so your technically not breaking the rules . Works out here anyway.
-JOSH

Last edited by soldier6552; 12-21-2003 at 02:46 AM.