Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Controls.....fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heater Controls.....fun

Ever since the dealership put my new engine in, my heater controls haven't worked correctly. no matter what positon (vents/defrost/floor) it only works on defrost and floor.

I thought it was the switch, changed that out and made sure the lines were hooked up correctly(they were/are) and still does it. I'm not sure where to go next..anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you have a vac line un hooked under the dash. You may be able to get at them through the glove box, just make sure all the bled door acuators have vac lines to them, also make sure the vac line into the fire wall is plugged in.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:39 AM
TECH Resident

If the new engine was put in with the intake off, make sure they did not pinch the vacuum line that runs near the MAP sensor at the back near the firewall. That one controls the A/C control positions. It's about the thickness of a pencil if you go looking for it.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a little check valve beside the pcm. Check to see is you have vacuum there. If you dont then something may have been pinched behind the intake. If you do(have vacuum) check the lines under the passenger kick panel.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

thanks guys. I'll be checking behind the dash/glove box. I just put a new intake on the car and none of the lines behind it are pinched that I can see. I have vacuum there next to the PCM. I'll check near the firewall in the passenger compartment. thanks again!