New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 ls1 and 4L60E for $2400 shipped?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it in a car? How the hell we gonna test it ? Could have burnt rings from nitrous fun.

If its in a wrecked car, sure i might go down there for ya and see if it cold starts right and warms up good.

otherwise its STILL A crapshoot.

Here's one for ya: WARRANTY.

And last time i checked all auto shops took visa/mastercard cause most people CANT throw $2000K around in cash all the time to fix a blown engine or something. Maybe you guys are big ballers lol.

For everyone else there is mastercard.

I mean if the motor is chopped, or something i can see what they mean on the down low.

Ask my brother mikeyws6 in the southern forum, i think he works down near that part of time. but if its a slug laying on a crate , aint much can do.

If thats the case i'd assume the motor is a "rebuildable core" after using a borascope on the cylinders maybe. Hell you can hide a cracked piston easily
Old 01-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Teching In

This sounds like the same scam I was almost taken by. Somehow he steels peoples identity on e-bay(with high transactions and 100% pos feedback) and lists this imaginary motor. If you want me to PM the wire transfer info let me know.
John
Old 01-02-2004, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try, East Side Performance, they have good prices, and have a source that will build an awsome indestructible transmission, A4, or 6speed. I own one and it takes the worst I can give it, with no problem, My friend Brad is putting 575 rwhp with no problem to be seen or heard of. good stuff for about the same price,and it's better than stock.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by samz28
is it in a car? How the hell we gonna test it ? Could have burnt rings from nitrous fun.

If its in a wrecked car, sure i might go down there for ya and see if it cold starts right and warms up good.

otherwise its STILL A crapshoot.

Here's one for ya: WARRANTY.

And last time i checked all auto shops took visa/mastercard cause most people CANT throw $2000K around in cash all the time to fix a blown engine or something. Maybe you guys are big ballers lol.

For everyone else there is mastercard.

I mean if the motor is chopped, or something i can see what they mean on the down low.

Ask my brother mikeyws6 in the southern forum, i think he works down near that part of time. but if its a slug laying on a crate , aint much can do.

If thats the case i'd assume the motor is a "rebuildable core" after using a borascope on the cylinders maybe. Hell you can hide a cracked piston easily

I was just thinking that some one could find the address and see if this guy is giving me a random address or if he is for real and actualy sales motors. I would want someone to make sure the motor is good are not. like you said it is hard to tell if it is good are not.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, this is one great site, and threads like this make me appreciate it even more.

Here you have a guy about to turn loose of $2400 of hard earned cash (with a VERY good chance of losing it in my opinion) and 50 people jump in and honestly and sincerely try and save him some major grief.

toy 2:
I can tell by your last few posts that you still want to do this deal. You need to just forget this one completely. It has SCAM written all over it.....the bank wire thing is a BIG red flag. I know how you feel.... I would LOVE to get my hands on a full drivetrain for $2400, but on the open market, it's just too good to be true. You need a good hookup to get that kind of a deal.

6 months to a year ago, that price was more realistic, but the word is out that the LS1 is the modern day swap engine of choice. It was a real eye-opener at the Hot Rod Power Tour to see how predominant the LS1 swaps were. It seemed like nearly every swap-engine car had one.

When the demand goes up.... so does the price, and $2400 is way too cheap for a complete drivetrain with less than 10k miles. You have got to get this deal out of your head.... it smells REAL bad.