Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by desertLS1
No you don't, it's fuckn quite.. Period lol
alright.. opinions? lol

What do you guys think about.

pacesetter coated lt's
SLP powerflo with dual-dual tips
TSP ORY

think it would be louder then magnaflow? either that or just do a e-cutout or something when i want it loud.

I was thinking GMMG but it would need a catted-y for sure, and im not spending $1400 on exhaust w/o labor
Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sup man, I live near 94 and Kisker so I may be seeing you around.
If you want you can try out the Loudmouth II I have sitting in my garage. I know it sounds like a big PITA to swap it on and off again just to see if you like it but hey, rolling around on concrete and playing with rusty bolts is fun, right? I'm thinking about selling it anyway, just out of laziness.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Congrat's on the purchase. That car looks very well taken care of.

Does that price seem a little steep to anyone else? I payed the same for my SS with 55k miles 3 years ago.
Actually, I was just thinking wow, good price!

WS6's always go for more, and if it's had a gentle life up till this point, even better.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

con-freaking-grats..what is the first thing you want to do?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice find. youre better off paying for a clean stock vehicle then paying alot for a car thats been dragged and ragged.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. That price is crazy. I just purchased my first ls1 car from a private owner. Granit it had a lot more miles than yours but still. I got I from a private owner also. I've been looking for 2 years before I purchased this one about a month ago. Its a 99 T/A (non WS6 though). Its NBM 6 spd car with the dark grey leather and 128k on the clock. I'm the third owner and I paid $5,500....
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Where in MO. are you from? I'm down at the lake. NIce color. I got my Ta and stang out last weekend! Couldn't stand it any more! Can't wait to try out my new mods!!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

congrats, I'm going to look at a 99 pewter with 32k on it tommorow,
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ta-stanger
Where in MO. are you from? I'm down at the lake. NIce color. I got my Ta and stang out last weekend! Couldn't stand it any more! Can't wait to try out my new mods!!

mexico road/spencer road in st. peters
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Wow. That price is crazy. I just purchased my first ls1 car from a private owner. Granit it had a lot more miles than yours but still. I got I from a private owner also. I've been looking for 2 years before I purchased this one about a month ago. Its a 99 T/A (non WS6 though). Its NBM 6 spd car with the dark grey leather and 128k on the clock. I'm the third owner and I paid $5,500....
It's not crazy, it's a low mileage ws6 and last year made, and almost mint condition, from the paint to the vinyl to all the rubber and trim.

For example, see the rear center filler with the trans am logo? Look how good of condition it is, while other ws6's i looked at, it was either half faded, or completely gone.. just goes to show how garaged it really was.

it has the typical tail light condensation issues tho on the drivers side, im going to find a replacement for that.

I'm ready to take these t-tops out!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mischief
It's not crazy, it's a low mileage ws6 and last year made, and almost mint condition, from the paint to the vinyl to all the rubber and trim.

For example, see the rear center filler with the trans am logo? Look how good of condition it is, while other ws6's i looked at, it was either half faded, or completely gone.. just goes to show how garaged it really was.

it has the typical tail light condensation issues tho on the drivers side, im going to find a replacement for that.

I'm ready to take these t-tops out!
As long as it makes you happy man it all good. I guess the low miles and being a last year of production does have a big effect on price. On a side note though, judging from the pictures and aside from the fact that my emblem on the rear is faded, my car is just as nice...I'll have to post up some picks of my new ride in a thread for myself for everyone to check out. That and my front plate piece is missing because the previous owner had a front plate... Oh well. Its still fun to drive and I feel the same way about the tops. I almost had them off today. Was warm out but not quite warm enough.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
As long as it makes you happy man it all good. I guess the low miles and being a last year of production does have a big effect on price. On a side note though, judging from the pictures and aside from the fact that my emblem on the rear is faded, my car is just as nice...I'll have to post up some picks of my new ride in a thread for myself for everyone to check out. That and my front plate piece is missing because the previous owner had a front plate... Oh well. Its still fun to drive and I feel the same way about the tops. I almost had them off today. Was warm out but not quite warm enough.
I'm sure yours is nice, i wasn't trying to brag, it just shows it wasnt put in harsh conditions, never seen snow either, definitely worth it to me! and im way happy.

Oh btw, take a look at http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/fir...ate-cover.html

I'm not sure how good they fit, but they come in your choice of paint color for $75 + shipping
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Nice ride. Seems like a pretty good price to me! The WS6's fetch a whole lot more money around Mass too
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Congrats on a great looking car!
I bought my Pewter 99 WS6 new in Dec 98 for the sticker price of $32K.
Been a great car and racked up 157K miles. Still very strong LS1/4L60E car.
I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have brother.
Attached Thumbnails My first LS1, 02 ws6.-dsc00177.jpg   My first LS1, 02 ws6.-dsc00280.jpg   My first LS1, 02 ws6.-1998-transam-convertible.jpg  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackhawk1993
Congrats on a great looking car!
I bought my Pewter 99 WS6 new in Dec 98 for the sticker price of $32K.
Been a great car and racked up 157K miles. Still very strong LS1/4L60E car.
I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have brother.
I'm glad your enjoying yours as well!

It's amazing how much they cost new.. so to me 12,900 isnt crap compared to 32k+ a few years back haha, none of the cars around what I paid even compare.

I just added a SLP lid today and plan to ship off my TB to be P&P.

I tried Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 but I'm not happy with the oil pressure, it was better with regular valvoline 5w-30 it came with, I even used a mobil 1 filter, it dips to 37 at hot idle, before it would sit at 40-42, i know i'm being silly but I expected it to be better, not worse, especially going to a synthetic, it also made my valvetrain noiser.

So next change will be German Castrol with a k&n filter, I'll see how I like it!

Pewter is pretty good at hiding blemishes in the paint too, all I need to do is throw a wax on it, doesn't need much correction.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Yeah it's hard to believe I've owned this same car for over 11 years huh?
Liked it so much I bought the 1993 Firehawk a few months later for $11000 which was a bargain at the time. A friend of mine was going to trade in his 2000 camaro for $3000 so I told him I'd give him cash for it. Been the best little V6-5speed car around...has 210K miles on her now. Then bought a 98 TA ragtop for $5000. Gotta luv um!

I used the mobil 1 for years until it was using a quart and a half every 3K miles. I went back to regular old 10W30 Castrol from walmart and doesn't use maybe a 1/4 quart every 3K now. The car is mostly stock still.
The SLP lid is good money worth of a mod.
I recommend new shocks like Bilsteins ($400) to restore your ride and a 35mm front sway bar for the spirited driving in the twisties. I bought 2 of the suspension Techniques ones from Summit Racing for cheap. Got 1 on the WS6 and the other on the ragtop.

I kept mine waxed and bought a SLP carcover and kept it nice for quite a few years before I had to make it my DD.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the car man! That is really clean.

My car did the exact same thing with the Pennzoil Platinum. Only reason I ran that was it was cheap and the oil wasnt going to be in my car for that long after the cam swap. Didn't want to waste my German Castrol stash if it was only going to be in there a couple hundred miles. As soon as I switched out the Pennzoil the pressure went back up to where it was before.

Good luck with the car and happy modding!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Nice ride!
Just like mine!
Pewter Metallic....
I guess the 98-02 WS6 will keep their value and go even higher as time passes by...
Fact is, is the Last Pontiac Trans AM with a LS1/Ram Air....NEVER AGAIN.

Same as Supra, RX-7 (Fast and Furious Generation) and some others...
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Plus I use 5-W30 Valvoline MAX LIFE SEMI-Synthetic I wont put regular oil on a LS1.
At least go with a Blend and brand of your choice.

Long tube Headers is a most on these cars and K&N filter....it would really wake up the car.

Quick Reply: My first LS1, 02 ws6.