Lower with upgraded suspension
K&N Intake
85MM Throttle body BBk I'd get a fast
LS6 Intake manifold I'd get a fast
MTI X1 Cam More choices
BBk Headers and Y Pipe Better choices out there
The SLP exhaust that come with car
Custom exhaust tips
SCT Tuner with 92 Octane Tune Get a real tune (dyno tune)
And Maybe Maybe some LS7 heads Won't fit
Gears
clutch
Short Throw shifter
And Then dyno.

That would be ok for a while

Images coming soon
I thought you knew all about these cars

Last edited by Detoxx03; 03-11-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good call detoxx im surprised nobody else said anything about the intake/tb/tune/cam and the LS7 heads wont fit on an LS1
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a very nice car and a lot of nice things planned, call me lazy but i didnt want to read 40 responses, so the only thing i can say which may have already been mentioned is if you have the cash go with a 09 or 92 or the brand new 102mm intake and throttle boddies (they are the best, at least as far as composites and most will say best all around)...also food for thought, i dont know how much you know about cams but the mti x1 i believe is a reverse split....if you dont know what i mean by that the intake numbers are higher than the exhauste 230/227, .591/.571........so to break it down the 230 is higher than the 227 and 591 is higher than the 571.....this is not a bad thing at all it just depends on what you going for....from what i know the reverse split cams bring in power sooner in the power band but do not carry as well up top...making the cam have a lot of power everywhere but most other equal sized cams will carry more up top making them do better at the drag strip.....so just depends on what you want its a good cam but in case you didnt know.....i think the cam sounds fantastic and would be an awesome street cam.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

and just to add, haha now my lazy *** went and read everything posted.....for budget reasons i would go with the ls6 intake....and if you wanna sqeeze all the power you can then go with one of the fast intakes i already listed....my buddy has the bbk intake and bitches about it...more weight(every bit counts), add heat to incoming air=lose power....saw your pics tho your car is sick!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice *** car!! and yes the ls7 heads wont fit the ls1..Please, if your going to do all those mods get a DYNOTUNE!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Nice looking car.

Do you know you have a Suncoast Raptor Hood? Any idea what happened to the original Firehawk Hood?

There was a post that said you should go 20%, instead of 5%, on the tint. I agree. Thats what I went with and it looks awesome on my Firebird. I wouldn't touch the windshield.

I'm glad you decided to leave the Firehawk wheels untouched. I agree some black wheels would look awesome. If you decide to get some, be sure you get them with the chrome/silver bead that meets the tire. (No offense to the guys sporting all black wheels, but I think they look like ****.)

Other than that, good luck with the new ride!
This is a stock Firehawk hood. I am not 100% sure. The guy that had it before me hit the hood with something and had to replace it.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I thought you knew all about these cars
I the ls7 i ment to put ls6 I didn't read over. I really wanted to do everything you told me about but I do not want to put so much money on the car. But i still might go with the fast intake but not sure about intake manifold.

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
good call detoxx im surprised nobody else said anything about the intake/tb/tune/cam and the LS7 heads wont fit on an LS1
Same thing for this.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just ordered some black racing stripes and a black firebird sticker the one that goes in the front license plate. I am looking for the ram air simbles that goes on the ram air itself. I am getting it back tommorow from the body shop and gona start workin on it this weekand. I bought the paint so I am gona black out tailights in a cool way and take of the rear bumper and paint the fascia. And might install 5% tint on front windows and 20% on the rear windshield.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

that cars gonna be a looker....i love my car but must admit i would love a firehawk more!....dont ever sell that...youll kick yourself in the nuts
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAAllTheWay
that cars gonna be a looker....i love my car but must admit i would love a firehawk more!....dont ever sell that...youll kick yourself in the nuts
hahahahah I'm Sure i will. I love this car.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
This is a stock Firehawk hood. I am not 100% sure. The guy that had it before me hit the hood with something and had to replace it.
It isn't a Firehawk Hood, thats why I asked if you knew what happened to the original.

This is a Firehawk hood.
Just bought a 2000 Pontiac Trans am Firehawk-som-formula-firehawk.jpg

This is the Suncoast Raptor Hood on my 99 Firebird.
Just bought a 2000 Pontiac Trans am Firehawk-raptor-1.jpg

The two hoods are very similar, but, as you can see from the photos, definitley not the same.

I believe I read on SLP's website (and maybe on here somewhere, as well) in order for the Firehawk hood to fit, a small portion of the nose must be cut where the front-center of the hood meets the nose at the split between the nostrils.

This cut would have been made by SLP when the original Firehawk hood was installed.

The front center of the Raptor hood that hangs over the nose of the car covers the area that would have been cut away. Do you have any pics of the car with the hood up that would show this portion of the nose? If so, I'd love to see them.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mumbles
It isn't a Firehawk Hood, thats why I asked if you knew what happened to the original.

This is a Firehawk hood.
Attachment 220880

This is the Suncoast Raptor Hood on my 99 Firebird.
Attachment 220881

The two hoods are very similar, but, as you can see from the photos, definitley not the same.

I believe I read on SLP's website (and maybe on here somewhere, as well) in order for the Firehawk hood to fit, a small portion of the nose must be cut where the front-center of the hood meets the nose at the split between the nostrils.

This cut would have been made by SLP when the original Firehawk hood was installed.

The front center of the Raptor hood that hangs over the nose of the car covers the area that would have been cut away. Do you have any pics of the car with the hood up that would show this portion of the nose? If so, I'd love to see them.
O yea. That is the excact hood on it. But will the strips work on this one? I will try to see. I am starting to work on it this weekand.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what kind of headers and Y pipe should I get. I have the stock Catback slp. I am going to get a uncatted y pipe but need to know what brand is the best.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And I might be going with ls6 intake manifold. 85mm Throttlebody and a k&n. The new one that gives alot of hp.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice car! leave it alone it looks so clean!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamin
Nice car! leave it alone it looks so clean!
Hey man, I am forcing my self to start blacking it out this weekand. Planning to black out tailights, Exhaust fascia, side markers, And get 5% tint for windows and 20% for rear windshield. I ordered some Aftermarket parts ( performance and exterior ) and gona do it sometime this week. So gona have alot done by next weekand.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

O yea. That is the excact hood on it. But will the strips work on this one? I will try to see. I am starting to work on it this weekand.
The car is still at the body shop, When I get it back ima clean it up and take a photo shootout and some video's while its stock. So ima put pics up soon and I will take pics of what you told me.

Last edited by vetteboy99; 03-12-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

went to pick the t/a and the guys missed some spots. I was soo pissed of.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:11 AM
TECH Regular

And I might be going with ls6 intake manifold. 85mm Throttlebody and a k&n. The new one that gives alot of hp.
The new one that gives alot of HP?? Dude not trying to be an *** but you sound like a kid that doesnt know what hes talking about...Nice car though i would leave it how it is and just do some bolt ons.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2000 Pontiac Trans am Firehawk