Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When to tweak PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to tweak PCM?

So far I only have a TSP lid with a K&N. Ordering a YANK SY-3500 soon and will do some free mods in the spring (TB bypass/trim airdam/MAF screen/EGR mod). Hope to get a GMMC chambered exhaust later this year and maybe the QTP long tubes next year. Which of these mods will require PCM programming?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll want to be tuned after the headers. Also you'll want some tuning done for the converter as far as shift points, line pressure and what not.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:25 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

every car is different. to get the best out of those mods you'll want a tune but depending on your car you may need a tune just to run decent. install the **** then you'll know if you need to tune or not.

i installed; lid/filter, cai, long tubes, Y, and catback all at once and drove off fine. wasnt until the cam install that i needed a tune.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't have to have tuning for any of the items you listed above, but if you want to get the best performance out of your car it is a must. For a TC you need to deleted the torque management and change shift points. And for the long tubes you would need to get your rear o2s deleted, or get o2 sims.