New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Typhoon Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my experience with the pp typhoon intake is as follows: i bought the 85mm intake used, bought the 85mm used, then couldnt find anybody with the graphite gaskets with the silicone seals imbosed into the gaskets so had to make due with some ones from napa. oh and the bs about being able to order any pp items from napa is horse ****. but i bought the pp fuel rail kit, and the fitting were utter garbage. while i was doing the swap and the intake will match up with the ls1 coolant cross over lines but just need to give the lines a lil persuading with a rubber mallet, the damn fuel rail fitting wouldnt stop leaking for the life of me, no matter how much thread tape or sealing compound i used but when i finally THOUGHT i had it sealed i presurized the system and my buddy with eyes on said go ahead turn it over and i did and it reved way up and then he said TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! ITS ON FIRE! ya so the fuel went spraying all over the headers and electrical connectors and caught. damn near burned my car to the f-ing ground me and my buddy were using our shoes with water in them to keep it under control, while my wife at the time ran back up stairs to our apartment to get a tub of flour to suffocate the fire since water wont put out a gas or grease fire. when she got back i quite littarally antiqued my engine with flour, then got a garden hose to hose off the flour, pulled the intake back off and the god damn gasket didnt seal and all that water got into my heads, cylinders, and oil, it took me a month to get all the water out all while leaving the heads on and just taking the spark plugs out and changing the oil. so ya maybe the intake is good, but the fuel rail kit is garbage, cheap as ****. go with a good fuel rail kit, i traded off my intake to a friend and gave me a ls6 and i kept the 85mm throttle body and currently have it mounted to my ls6 with an adapter plate. learn from my almost tragedy.

Last edited by taman86; 06-27-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: edit post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can a fuel pressure gauge sending unit be attached to fuel rails that come on the 96mm intake? I can't tell from the pics...

Quick Reply: Typhoon Intake Manifold