Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam selections for D1SC setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cam selections for D1SC setup

Hi all, I've been doing a good amount of researching and wanted to see if I can learn from some of you LS1 veterans out there. The plan is to go with a D1SC Procharger and putting out around 8 pounds of boost. I also want to get a good FI cam, but having a hard time researching cams that pair well with a D1SC. I've tried searching, but just can't find anything for this type of application. The only thing I've found was the EPP blower cam but not much else. It's a weekend around town car, not a DD by any means. Looking for a streetable blower cam that idles well and is moderate to aggressive. Also, if you have any suggestions on supporting mods that I don't have on my list, let me know. I'm looking for around 500-550rwhp without spray. I'm planning on replacing the trans with an FLT option down the road, but want to see how well the stocker will hold up for the interim. She shifts strong and feels solid.

Car and Current Mods:
01 WS6 T/A 4AT 60K miles
-ARH LTH's w/ catted Y
-Magnaflow Catback
-FTP Lid
-Nitto 555r 275 front/315 rear

Mods in the Box (going on in a couple weeks once lift arrives)
-UMI panhard bar - on car adjustable
-UMI LCA w/ relocation brackets
-UMI tunnel mount torque arm
-UMI subframe connectors
-Yank SS3600 torque converter
-B&M Trans Cooler
-KYB AGX front and rear shocks
Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the specs on the blower cam you found?

I wouls say your looking for a cam around the 228 @.050 and 114 or higher LSA. As im sure you know, you want little to no overlap in the camshaft so your not blowing boost out the exhaust but a very small amount to keep the chamber clear for the new intake charge is ok.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cam specs are:

Dur @ .050 232 int 240 exh

Lift .595 int .608 exh

Lobe Sep 115.0

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679

That is one of the only cams that I've been able to find that seems to be geared toward FI. I'm still trying to learn the science around these cams, it's a little involved, but willing to learn. The sticky has good info, but I'm looking for an off the shelf cam that pairs well with the procharger. I think I may go a little further down the road and do a FAST 90/90 and PRC 2.5 heads, but that will be after replacing the trans and rear end.

Quick Reply: Cam selections for D1SC setup