Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help oil presser is driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help oil presser is driving me crazy

sorry to bother but my 2000ss is driving me up the walls to start off I had low oil presser so changed the oil pump know I have no presser at all I put oil in the filter I tried running it for 8 to10 sec I don’t know what to do im really trying to do what ever I can so I don’t have to pull the hole thing back out cuz that was a lot of work unless some one can tell me how to get the oil pump with out having to pull the hole motor out thanks .
Old 05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you replaced the pump and now have no oil pressure at all, I would check the oil pump o-ring. It is easy to mis-install the o-ring causing you to not have any oil pressure. I would check that first and go from there!

Jon
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for geting back to me and yea im starting to think thats the problem . i already ordered a new oil pump but im dreading that i have to drop the motor for the 2 time in one week its just so time consoming
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroboy2000ss
thank you for geting back to me and yea im starting to think thats the problem . i already ordered a new oil pump but im dreading that i have to drop the motor for the 2 time in one week its just so time consoming
You don't need to pull the motor to do an oil pump. Just pull the front cover and you can get at it right there. It's really not a bad job to do. Just make sure you don't drop the 10mm headed bolt that holds the pickup tube in place. If you drop it down in the pan then you will be pulling the motor to get it out...