Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro vs. bird

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004 | 11:50 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by fbody enthusiast
Wait wait wait! What do you mean venture at your own risk. Will they eat you alive over there or what?
there tech forums are sub par compared to here and if you go to AAG dont mention your a female unless you like seeing thread turn into 8 pages and 10k views in like 10 minutes and people hounding and pm'ing you for pics. i have over 16k posts there and i've seen that situation more times then i can count.
Old 01-13-2004 | 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
there tech forums are sub par compared to here and if you go to AAG dont mention your a female unless you like seeing thread turn into 8 pages and 10k views in like 10 minutes and people hounding and pm'ing you for pics. i have over 16k posts there and i've seen that situation more times then i can count.

Oh okay, so they are the ones who find out you are a girl and the first thing they want to know is if you are HOT or not. Well, hmmmm, the only thing they need to know is my car (future tense) will show them nothing but tail lights and the only time they get to see me is when I wink at them just before the light turns green!
Old 01-13-2004 | 11:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I have to say that i really don't know a heck of alot about stall converters. My BF just always said 44 was good, so naturally i believe it. He is right but I do think the 3600 would be better for daily driving. I need some gas at least! But it will still hit my goal with the other mods and thats what I want. Any idea on pricings for the 3600 stall?
good one runs around 500-700 bucks more toward the 700 end
Old 01-13-2004 | 11:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
good one runs around 500-700 bucks more toward the 700 end
oh yea forgot to mention, this is by far the best mod for a stock car. will cut some serious times off you et for the price.
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:00 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Oh okay, so they are the ones who find out you are a girl and the first thing they want to know is if you are HOT or not. Well, hmmmm, the only thing they need to know is my car (future tense) will show them nothing but tail lights and the only time they get to see me is when I wink at them just before the light turns green!
yup, they are of that nature, kind of sad really but :shrug:.

SMOKIN01TA is right on about the TC prices. another thing, before you buy stuff alway check the sponsor/gp (group purchase) forum. there's always great deals and sales to be had
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:03 AM
Teching In

oh yea forgot to mention, this is by far the best mod for a stock car. will cut some serious times off you et for the price.
Thank you for the price range, a bit much but i can handle it and i'm sure it's worth the money. I want that significant time difference, thanks for the advice. Do you by any chance know a few good bolt ons that you would personaly choose to come after that?
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
yup, they are of that nature, kind of sad really but :shrug:.

SMOKIN01TA is right on about the TC prices. another thing, before you buy stuff alway check the sponsor/gp (group purchase) forum. there's always great deals and sales to be had

Okay sounds good, is there a specific company that is know well for the converters? Can you sell anything on that forum bc my BF and I have some brand new parts that we need to sell. All internal but we don't know where to sell them at?
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:06 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

lid and catback, cant be beat for cheap and effective first mods. and a lid is a lid is a lid, they all net the same hp so pick the one you want based on style and fitment.
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Thank you for the price range, a bit much but i can handle it and i'm sure it's worth the money. I want that significant time difference, thanks for the advice. Do you by any chance know a few good bolt ons that you would personaly choose to come after that?
i would start with a lid and a catback and the free stuff. just that stuff with a good tc will get you a few tenths into the 12's. i would recomend the hooker catback for a low budget catback that flows extremly well and sounds great a wot. also a good set of tires (245 nittos) will also help your times a bit.
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

well jrp posted almost my same response while i was typing it so you have the same advice from two people on mods
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:09 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Okay sounds good, is there a specific company that is know well for the converters? Can you sell anything on that forum bc my BF and I have some brand new parts that we need to sell. All internal but we don't know where to sell them at?
TCI and VIG are a few of the most popular choices. and yes you can sell stuff on ls1.com as well as here, just post it in the for sale forum.
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

i would start with a lid and a catback and the free stuff. just that stuff with a good tc will get you a few tenths into the 12's. i would recomend the hooker catback for a low budget catback that flows extremly well and sounds great a wot. also a good set of tires (245 nittos) will also help your times a bit.
this should cost you about 1100 bucks with the tc
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:11 AM
TECH Veteran

check out the tci icon on the side of the page for more info on them
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:12 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

well jrp posted almost my same response while i was typing it so you have the same advice from two people on mods
great minds think alike

magnaflow is also a great choice for a cheap catback, can be had for 320 and is of the utmost quality.

and if you keep hanging around here you'll soon be more knowledgeble then your BF , just dont rub it in his face
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrp
great minds think alike

magnaflow is also a great choice for a cheap catback, can be had for 320 and is of the utmost quality.

and if you keep hanging around here you'll soon be more knowledgeble then your BF , just dont rub it in his face

LOL now thats good, but seriously this is addicting I get so much info. it's unbelievable, and I love it! Another question though what exactly is TCI and VIG?
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:23 AM
Teching In

Torque Converter something?
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

LOL now thats good, but seriously this is addicting I get so much info. it's unbelievable, and I love it! Another question though what exactly is TCI and VIG?
2 of the better torque converter brands, im guessing tci it torque converters inc.? not sure what it sands for
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran

oh, and vig is short for vigilante
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:27 AM
Teching In

Hey hey hey I was close!
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:29 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

2 of the better torque converter brands, im guessing tci it torque converters inc.? not sure what it sands for
what he said

and ya, this site is addicting, but fun though. knowledge is power and theres no better feeling then understanding your car and being educated about it.

also just cruise through the other forums we have here as well; the internal, extenal are the meat of the the knowledge here. you can learn more about TC and the a4 in the a4 forum and when you have an SES light the PCM/electrical forum is the place to turn. you got all your bases covered

then theres the lounge when you just want to shoot the ****.