New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro vs. bird

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 12:30 AM
Teching In

one of these days i'll be spillin all this info.out cruisin or at the strip and the guys will just stare wide eyed and mouths gapeing (sp).
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:33 AM
Teching In

I haved looked through some of the other but i will check it out closer now. What is the lounge, like a chat or something?
Old 01-14-2004 | 12:34 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by fbody enthusiast
one of these days i'll be spillin all this info.out cruisin or at the strip and the guys will just stare wide eyed and mouths gapeing (sp).
thats something to strive for

and the lounge is just an off-topic forum, pretty much anything goes.
Old 01-14-2004 | 02:19 AM
TECH Addict

Man I've had a 97 T/A, 98 Z28, and now I have a 02 WS.6. Be honest with you, I truely don't know!!! I love every single one of them. The reason I got rid of the Z becuase the dealership was giving a great deal on 02 WS.6. I thought it would be an honor to get the last year of the making, so I jumped on the deal. I'll tell you this though, you can do a lot more after market mods to the exterior of the SS or Z28 to make it look better. The T/As come already beefed up, there's not much more you can do to the looks, but there is always the paint job. I've seen all types of after market grills, groundeffects, spoilers, lights, and other body panneling that you can buy for the camaro. There is a little for the T/A, but too much body work for this kind of car makes it gaudy, I think. Some pictures to help make up your mind, good luck!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Camaro vs. bird-5.jpg   Camaro vs. bird-image005.jpg   Camaro vs. bird-218746_1_full.jpg   Camaro vs. bird-257263_16_full.jpg   Camaro vs. bird-dsc01304.jpg  

Old 01-14-2004 | 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I simply like the bird more... Red interior lights, and a meaner looking car...
Old 01-14-2004 | 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Well with the Camaro I think you have more options for exterior mods (hoods/spoilers/gfx etc) than what you do with the birds. But of course the WS6 is

But I still loves my Z28
Old 01-14-2004 | 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck on whatever body style u choose. The most important thing is that it has an LS1 in it.
Old 01-14-2004 | 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, welcome to the best LS1 board on the net!

Camaro v/s Pontiac? Doesn't really matter. The Camaros are just a bit lighter but the biggest difference is styling preference. They are the same car underneath.

Converters? This will be the best mod you ever make for your A4 car (and IMO, it sounds like you'll enjoy an A4 most.) If I were you I'd look for an A4 car with 3.23 gears (check the door code. It'll say "GU5". 2.73s will say "GU2".) Then install a good converter in the 3500-3800 range. My top recomendation for a daily driven street/strip car on a budget is the TCI 3500. I ran 11.8s with it without internal engine mods in a full weight Z28 that has stock 3.23 gears. Shop around with the sponsors of LS1Tech and you'll find it for less that $500. It's the best "bang for your buck" converter available, IMO.
Old 01-14-2004 | 10:28 PM
Teching In

Okay, so I have sort of come to terms with owning an auto. And from all the information given to me, obviously I want the converter. This as well as exhaust and bolt-ons should run me close to 11's. But the thing is I live right near Denver CO. so I am almost a mile up. How much of a change will this make on times for me? I also have another question, What do all of you think about true duals, compared to catbacks?
Old 01-14-2004 | 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
Good luck on whatever body style u choose. The most important thing is that it has an LS1 in it.

All hail this man right here! See first off I was going to go with the LT1 because it was cheaper. But you know the more I thought about it, the more I realized the LS1 just sets in a ring all it's own. This motor is amazing and no matter what I will be ridin with the POWER!!! LS1 RULES!
Old 01-16-2004 | 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fbody enthusiast
Well so far he has done almost all of the free mods except pulling the EGR. He has an airlid and he pulled the seats out of the back of the car for weight loss. We are poor kids right now so it is all saving and dreaming, but the longer we wait the better info we find and have to use at our advantage. Soon though the air pump is going in the car and he hopes to get tires.
Fbody,

Also consider strenghtening the frame. I am on my third Fbody, a Pontiac Trans AM Firehawk, and have learned from past experience if you have a T-top car best to shore up the frame before trying to generate to much power. You can add a strut tower brace and Subframe connectors for about $400. IF you have several friends with Fbodies or make friends with others at the races, somebody might have a PCM programmer and could help you free up some power that way. They could also change the shift points on the automatic to help with better runs. The nice part about the programmers is that you can have different settings for different situations.

Good luck
Old 01-16-2004 | 01:36 PM
Ozz
Launching!

I love them both... but to be honest the WS6 was the first car I bought from seeing a commercial you all know the one, it's where the Badass RamAir T/A was behind a car at a light and when it turned green the T/A ate the car in front of it. There is just nothing like looking at that hood coming up behind you, and the roar of the exhaust as it goes by. If your building a race car the camaro has less weight and smooth styling, but if you want to stand out in a line of F-bodys the RamAir T/A is the ticket. And if you really want to stand out just lose you mind like I did and go with the C5R-427, Needless to say when they hear me coming they turn and know its one Bad Mo Fo.