New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam only LS series motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all on the combo you go with OP. Not how big or good your cam is. Your car makes most of its power off the heads (ls1). A 224r cam is really good and it has good lift so is a 228r. What combo works really well is the "ls6". 243 heads with a ls6 hotcam with suporting mods you would reach over 400 easy and the lift on it is low or mild. The a4 run very well down the track and you dont have to worry about miss shifting. If i had a a4 I would get the stall before the cam or put it doing a cam swap. The better you leave the faster youll be.

Last edited by Theblacknightls1; 06-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Its all on the combo you go with OP. Not how big or good your cam is. Your car makes most of its power off the heads (ls1). A 224r cam is really good and it has good lift so is a 228r. What combo works really well is the "ls6". 243 heads with a ls6 hotcam with suporting mods you would reach over 400 easy and the lift on it is low or mild. The a4 run very well down the track and you dont have to worry about miss shifting. If i had a a4 I would get the stall before the cam or put it doing a cam swap. The better you leave the faster youll be.
Thanks bro, I'm going to get on top of that. That's all I really need is 400 hp with a 100 shot of nos.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Lemons stop post whoring and put all your vids in one post

It drives me UP THE WALL!!!!!!!!! I use to be able to do that. Now when I try to put all my vids in one post it will only show say 2 out of all 5. Not only that but if I type something after I put a link in for a vid, it won't show anything I typed after I submit it.
Also, if there is a vid posted it makes the layout of the thread whack for me.

I don't know what the hell it is... Everybody else might see all the vids I post as well as the text after the vid, I don't know I have never asked. But I HATE it!!!!!

Quick Reply: cam only LS series motors