New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn rattles

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default damn rattles

i just put a lid on my car today, and i have a cutout also, everything else is stock (engine and exhaust wise). anyway, i have t-tops also, and no SFC's, which could be why i have so many damn rattles. but i have one in my hatch area (dunno where it's coming from?), and i have one that sounds like it's coming from right underneath my defroster on the top dashboard piece, right behind the stereo. it only rattles at 2100 rpms, and no other, and only when the car is in a gear (neutral doesn't do it). i never heard either of these before i put the cutout on, and i didn't hear either of them right away. so i'm pretty sure the bass and vibrations that the cutout causes, in turn, causes these 2 rattles. anyone have any input also? thanks.
Old 01-14-2004 | 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

My guess would be to tighten up the dash a little. I would also invest in a set of SFC's too.
Old 01-15-2004 | 11:53 AM
Teching In

I got my car like five months ago when i got it it had NO rattles at all i took a little trip out to my fathers house and of course i had to take a couple bumpy dirt roads now i have like a million rattles. Like most others the hatch rattle and so many others elsewhere. I've adjusted the little rubber pieces in the hatch and it seemed to help.
Jenna
Old 01-15-2004 | 12:06 PM
Launching!

I've got several rattles also, almost as many as my '72 Suburban. I've been thinking about getting a personalized license plate that reads "RATLTRP" or " RTLTRAP" (rattle trap). I've got a pair of SFC's waiting to be installed. I'm hoping they quiet things down a bit.