New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silicone around knock sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicone around knock sensors

does someone have a picture of how they applied the silicone around the knock sensors. Do you do it around the outside of the rubber inserts? Any info would be helpful. Thank you
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Junkie

OO I got a pic on my computer at home. And my internet is screwed up there. It was a picture of someone just running a dab around the outer ring of the silicone boot, sealing the gap. I just installed 2 knock sensors and did it without the silicone. I got a new wiring harness which included new silicone caps which seem to seal greatly, but the silicone would have been nice to have for just an extra insurance. I did not have any sealant around when I did this, didn't feel like running to the store, because I wanted the install done soon. I still feel safe with the knock sensors with not having the silicone.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM

did the install, and used blue silicone around the outer ridge leaving about a 1.5" gap in the back for water to escape. I also changed the harness, which did have a new plug. I wish I would have taken pictures for the rest of the community.

Quick Reply: Silicone around knock sensors