New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Someone School Me on Wide Band??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Can Someone School Me on Wide Band??

So I’ve spent the last 90 minutes searching for information about wide band setups and still feel pretty lost. From what I can gather, a wideband setup is a way to monitor AFR among other things. I’ve got several questions about them.
1. So does a wideband setup replace your existing O2 sensors or is it in addition to them?
2. Does it require one or two new sensors?
3. One setup I’ve looked at
http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/537
has a gauge with the sensor, I assume that this can’t be tuned, it just displays your information. Is this correct?
4. And something like this
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2024
can be tuned by yourself?
5. And if that’s correct, is additional software like HP Tuners required to do it, or can it be done through the system?
6. And how does it affect a dynotune?

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wide band is used to measure air to fuel ratio. You can use some like the lc1 in place of 1 of the narrow band o2 sensors. There are some threads in hp tuners forum to help you with that. The wide band kit usually is a guage, sensor, and controller. The kit it self just allows you to read what your air fuel is. I'm pretty sure you need software like hp tuners or efi live to actually adjust the amount of fuel. I may be wrong on that though.

Another thing to consider is do you want a permenant mount or 1 that is portable. I chose the lc-1 which is a permenant stile, but wish now I would have gotten 1 that is portable. I'm currently installing my lc-1. So I havent got it all figured out yet.

If you dont want to use it in place of an existing o2 you can have a bung welded in as close to the collector as possible and put your wide band there.

Hope this helps ya some. Check out the hp tuners forum though. A lot of info you need there.