Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird clutch problem

so i was driving around today and i went to down shift to first at like a 25mph roll maybe about there and i got on it and went into 2nd and all and then just cruised, right after i did that the clutch pedal travel got cut in half, it would only come up half way, it fully functioned and didnt slip didnt grind in shifts, i tryed pumping it, shutting the car off and then on all this, finally i just stuck my foot under it and pulled it up the rest of the way, made a sucking sound and now works like normal, has this happen to any one else and or what do u think it could be and is it something i should get looked at? thanks guys
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Is it possible that you had a air pocket in your line if its a hydraulic clutch system or it could possibly be your clutch release springs in a mechanical clutch system causing free play
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Staging Lane

This is pretty common on our cars... Its probably from dirty fluid, but there are design flaws with our cars master cylinder lines I think. Alot of people are using the drill mod. It happens because while WOT the manifols and especially if you have headers heat up the clutch hydraulics and makes them boil and retarded lol... Also flush your clutch fluid that should help too. Here is a link you should find helpful...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-write-up.html
Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

ight thanks guys, lost were this thread was but found lol, and ya was going to try to bleed it or get some new fluid in it, i can use just dot 3 brake fluid right and were is the bleeder at on these?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

nvm didnt read the link yet lol, srry
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Teching In

I am having the same exact problem... apparantly it is something that GM screwed up on our cars or some b/s like that. I was advised to replace my master cylinder...

this little hick up embarrased me one night while running with a Mustang. I dropped gears and when I went to shift to 3rd my gears started grinding. the darn gear just wouldnt go in... i felt like such a rookie... check out this link... its pricey but i hear thta it totally fixes the problem... I'm gathering some funds to get one myself.

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...dy/hydraulics/
Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, the tick master is a total fix to the problem... Its an issue on our cars bc GM made the orifice hole too small so you cannot powershift the car... With fresh fluid and slave in my car I was back in business, but bout the new master and would love to put it in but if it aint broke I aint guna fix it... lol
Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, the tick master is a total fix to the problem... Its an issue on our cars bc GM made the orifice hole too small so you cannot powershift the car... With fresh fluid and slave in my car I was back in business, but bout the new master and would love to put it in but if it aint broke I aint guna fix it... lol
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

ahh ight, might try messin with that fluid first its kinda dirty lol