New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93-02 F-Body suspension general question - Coilovers - Vogtland - anyone familiar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93-02 F-Body suspension general question - Coilovers - Vogtland - anyone familiar?

I am trying to determine the best value for the $ to improve my stock 98 T/A's suspension. I have been leaning towards the SLP Bilstein Shock & Strut kit with Eibach springs package (est. cost around $600-$650) but I've hear lot of positive things about coil-overs but most are admittedly out of my price-range. However I recently ran across this full set of coil overs for all 4 corners of my T/A for under $600

Anyone have any input about this vendor or input in general for a cost effective suspension package. My major application is road racing not 1/4 mile hard launches at the track. Antone want to chirp in on their setup and the noticeable difference (if any) before and after upgrading from your stock suspension?

http://www.whipaccessories.com/produ...=p1441-c111497

As always, thanks in advance for your valuable & much appreciated feedback.

Sincerely,

Tom Sullivan
Ellenton, FL

Last edited by bossho; 08-02-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bilstein Shocks are good but Eibach springs suck!! I have Eibach springs in my Z28 and will be taking them out soon and installing back stock springs!! I just don't like how my car feels like sloppy
Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default SLP Bilstein Shocks w/Eibach springs package

Originally Posted by 09camaro383
Bilstein Shocks are good but Eibach springs suck!! I have Eibach springs in my Z28 and will be taking them out soon and installing back stock springs!! I just don't like how my car feels like sloppy
Thanks for the sharing your experience, thats all I need to hear to avoid the Eibach springs, I'd guess their value would perhaps be maybe to lower 60ft and 1/4 mile times but I'm more building to road race & not building for hard launches so based on your feedback I'm going to steer clear of those springs and likely also talk to Sam Strano for some direction. Thanks again for the feedback !
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My old LT1 car came with Eibachs and I too switched back to stock. The pro-kits are better than the sportlines but I wouldn't have either one. The springs in my sig are the way to go IMHO......
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those dont look like coilovers, look like regular strut & spring. I never heard of the brand either. For handling most will recommend Strano springs & Koni shocks & struts. The Konis are pretty pricey but everyone says the Koni/Strano combo is the best. For under $700 you could go with the Bilstein/Strano combo. Its a very popular combo & this is the setup I went with. I am very happy with the ride & how the car sits. You will like this setup if youre already considering the Bilsteins. I did get a better deal on the Bilsteins from WS6 store though. I would also replace the upper front strut mounts & the rubber insulators. My sig pic is stock ride height. Heres a pic with the Bilstein/Strano combo.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

One of the best suspension upgrades for the price IMO is the SLP eibach/bilstien combo that came on SSs and I believe the WS6s. Its a matched set that was an extra option. It is not sportlines or a prokit. Its an eibach spring designed to work correctly with the matching slp valved bilstien shock. The shocks are available new, however, locating a set of springs may require getting them used. They are cobalt blue in color. My car came with this setup when new.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Koni/Strano combo

Quick Reply: 93-02 F-Body suspension general question - Coilovers - Vogtland - anyone familiar?