Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debate between two Y-pipes...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debate between two Y-pipes...

Hey guys, I'm currently stuck between two Y-pipes, I just wanna know what you guys prefer. I need a nice O/R midpipe to work with my stock manifolds, as I live in CA and don't want to have to swap on my stock headers every two years. I can deal with swapping the mid though.

Anyways, here are the two pieces in question:

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2460

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...reviews_id=678

Just looking for some input. I'm assuming they're both the same diameter and whatnot, but I could be wrong (which is why I'm here asking you fellas). Thanks in advance!

PS: What I would rather go with an O/R X-pipe that would fit my stock manifolds, but I can't seem to find one. This is what I had done to my previous Mustang GT and it was a good balance for sound and performance while not having to have a brain aneurism every two years over smog. If there is an O/R X that works with the stock headers, please let me know.

Thanks again, guys!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Wow I've been into getting one of these as well, (subscribed). I would be leaning toward the Dynomax kit though since I've used their products in the past with excellent results and it would probably be easier to install since it's three pieces and listed at 3" diam. where as the MAC one doesn't list specs at all.

Last edited by elKameleon; 08-03-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, leaning towards the Dynomax due to its design. Still wanna wait and see if there's any info in the x-pipe situation.

I hate CA laws. Longtubes aren't destroying the environment.