Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c vent control issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c vent control issues

ok so my ac works fine but the selector is not working I guess?? It turns off when you turn all the way to left (off postion) and it blows ac when I pick max or ac and regualr when in other postions but it only blows out the defrost top and side vents and feet??? no matter what I select be it vents, floor, both. So is my selector broke? I think it must be something else but have no idea.

thanks
T
Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be the selector is broken or a vacuum leak. Have you recently put anything on the car. Maybe an intake swap?

Jon
Old 08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

yes I just put your(texas) hardened push rods in and took the AIR system off......dammit...looks like I missed something...any easy way to find out?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

well I did have someone else put on the intake and I just looked and on the drivers side the pcv was stuck back in the valve cover but not plugged into anything ?? so do I need to install the crossover hose back on and connect to passenger valve cover or can I remove the pcv valve? do I need add a breather or something to compensate for removing the pcv? THANKS!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

sorry to keep posting..haha...but after some more research I think my guy removed the whole pcv system too!!! so on the passenger side valve cover I have that brass fitting that is connected to nothing...(vacuum leak...) wide open. So what do I need to do now? get a new pcv valve and find the hose that connects it to the other side valve cover? is that right ? please help....me figure out how to hook this pcv back up....
Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Check on the back passenger side of the intake. There will be a small nipple that should have a small black plastic line on it. That vacuum line is the same one that controls the vents. If it is off, the air will only blow on the floor.

On the PCV system, put it back on or run breathers on the valve covers.

Jon
Old 08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Nice! That was it, It seemed my guy just capped that off, Felt back there and found the black plastic line, remove cap and hooked up line, Bamm! My vents are working again, also put the pcv system back. One question. I thought that when I removed the AIR system that I had to plug a hole in the back of the intake? Is that true? and if so where is it.

Jon, Thanks for all your help, Will def bring going thru you guys when I need any parts.

Thanks
T
Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

There isn't a hole in the back of the intake. All the lines ran to the black canister on the back of the intake. Most people remove that all together. There is a T on that black line you will have to cap off that went to that canister. Everything else you take off the car.

Jon
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

hmmm, ok will try to find that T. Is the T the same thing I just connected the ac vacuum line too? but connection on the drivers side I neeed to plug?
Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

I believe so. Just follow that black line and you should find it if your buddy hasn't taken if off. Only other thing to cap off is the big black line that ran to that canister. It should run on the driver's side of the engine compartment from the front head light toward the brake booster.

Jon