Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Motor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Motor Problem

What's the easiest way to ge to the motor connections?
The driver side headlight won't come up anymore on my 99 T/A. I am guessing it's an electrical problem since it happened before, started working and then stopped again.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can manually raise it with an allen wrench. Pop the hood and look for the round holes behind the headlight. My allen screws were covered with rubber boots that you may have to pull off.

I just had to do the 180* trick on my PS light. If it makes noise that is prolly your issue. When I would lock my car with the fob my lights would open, close and grind automatically LOL

You can access the motor by raising the light manually and taking the plastic cover off that is around the light.

Here is what I just had to do.... >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuolISwRJJg
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help, that video is very detailed. My motor doesn't make any noise, so I don't think I have a stripped gear, but still I can use this to check the connectors.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Or if you have more time and money You can just fix that crappy plastic with brass and never worry about it again.http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl...x/#MetalGuide2

Quick Reply: Headlight Motor Problem