Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overheating question

Hey just a quick question. I obviously have a leak in my cooling system somewhere. Leaks about a quart every few days and causes the car to overheat. Does this effect the aluminum block much? anyone else experience this? I immediately park the car when it happens and add coolant an go on about my day and it runs cool. I do plan on changing the radiator, water pump, and hoses very soon, but for right now I'm just going to keep with my adding coolant before it overheats method and just check it often. I've also heard of the a/c condenser clogging up and causing overheating issues. Thanks for reading and God Bless...
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

as long as your shutting it down and adding coolant before it gets too hot, you should be fine. but i would definately try to find the leak and fix it as soon as possible because it's definately not good for anything. avoid any of those "stop-leak" additives though, just find the leak and correct it.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Launching!

i had the same issue with the leaking.. i wasnt overheating though.. mine was coming from the water pump gasket and i couldnt tell because it was hitting the block and burning off. till one day it got bad enough and i saw the drips under the car