Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deciding Between a Camaro or Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010 | 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Arrow Deciding Between a Camaro or Trans Am

Hey Guys,

At the moment, I have a Cobalt SS/SC and a C5 Corvette FRC. I'm wanting to sell the Cobalt and pick up an F-body. I'm looking at a 98-02 Camaro SS/ Z28 or a 98-02 Trans Am/ WS6. I would be very happy with either. I'm wanting one under 70,000 miles and in good running condition. I would prefer a leather interior. For color, I'm not too picky but I would prefer Black ,White, Red, Silver, Blue, pretty much in that order. I also am wanting something not heavily modded; the closer to stock the better. Price wise I'm looking to spend 10,000 or less, all depends on condition. My question is... Is there any profound differences between the Camaro and Trans Am that makes one better than the other? I have looked through the forum for common problems and I am already familiar with things like the window motor, etc.. But honestly, I think both of these cars are great and I'd be happy with either. I just wanted to hear some opinions from owners. Thanks guys.
Old 10-19-2010 | 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Well personally I think the T/A seats are nicer and the car looks a lot better overall. But a well done SS can look really nice too if it's done right.

I would never buy a z/28 or formula unless the deal was good enough for the leftover cash to put painted body panels on to ditch the sissified v6 look.
Old 10-19-2010 | 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for your input . I am actually leaning towards the Trans Am WS6 more than anything if I can find one that fits what I'm looking for in my price range.
Old 10-19-2010 | 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Interior of the Trans Am is nicer, I think - better seats, better door panel design, and a better dash layout.

You may find a sleek beak Trans Am more easily in your price/mileage range, and unless you're set on leaving it bone stock there's not much that'll stay on a WS6 that you wouldn't be replacing anyway, and there are aftermarket solutions that look better than the stock WS6 hood, too.
Old 10-19-2010 | 09:27 AM
On The Tree

I don't plan to add a large amount of mods to it. I would actually like to just keep it very mild and just do a full exhaust/ air intake/ tune. Possibly more down the line but for now I'm working on a little build for my Vette so whichever I get Camaro/Trans Am, it will be my driving car when the Vette is down. I wouldn't mind getting a Non-WS6 LS1 T/A (though I would like the WS6), I'm mainly just looking to upgrade my DD from a Cobalt SS/SC. It's a fun car but I feel that the change is just so drastic from driving the Vette and then getting in the Cobalt lol. I would be happier switching between the Vette and another LSX platform.
Old 10-19-2010 | 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

I'm going to lock this before the Pontiac vs Chevy flame war starts.

As you've already discovered, there is no material difference between the two cars. As for which "looks" better, it's purely opinion based, there is no correct answer, neither is better to everyone. Pick the one you like best - that is the best advice anyone can give you.

Quick Reply: Deciding Between a Camaro or Trans Am