New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Check all your grounds, make sure none of them are loose/corroded or anything, could be an issue there.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwf02ta
i checked the pins on the conector(they were fun getting to with the intake on) they checked out fine. i took it to the dealer monday and i saw the guy attempt to do the crank sensor relearn he veved it a couple of times then quit from what i saw on the screen i dont think he did it right. ill take it back to have it done again hope i get someone who knows how to do it and see if that works
Thats all it takes is a rev up to fuel cutoff. However, you must follow the instructions on the tech 2 screen, wait for coolant temp to reach around 160, then rev when it asks. It will say if it was successful on th screen. Thats all there is to it.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshp14
Thats all it takes is a rev up to fuel cutoff. However, you must follow the instructions on the tech 2 screen, wait for coolant temp to reach around 160, then rev when it asks. It will say if it was successful on th screen. Thats all there is to it.
ok i went back to dealer and did the crank relearn that didnt help the guy said that it is comon for the wires to break inside the insulation so even if they look good they could be broken i told him i checked the pins a & b and they light up.then he said mabey i got lucky and bent it the right way to make contact when i checked it cause we checked the pulse volts for the cam sensor through tech 2 with the car running and it stayed at 0 i guess next im gonna put a hole new connector at sensor and new wires all the way to the pcm thanks for all the help so far guys ill hit the souce of this problem some day lol
Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got it finally!!! turns out it was in front of me the whole time it was a broke wire about a foot from from the pcm. thanks for all the help fellas
Old 06-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Default same problem, need solution

I now have the same problem after I cut out a connector that I was told it was for the EGR system. Turns out, it was a connector for the camshaft position sensor coming from the PCM. The connector was located up at the fuel rail near the #2 injector. After cutting it, the car had a hard time starting and the tach no longer worked. I reconnected the wires directly without the behemoth connector, cleared the code and I still have the same issues. Has anyone experienced this and what was the correct solution to getting it fixed?
Old 08-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Default Tach not working

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
you might have to a crank relearn which needs to be done by a tech 2 at a dealer. they will have to enter the crank relearn mode and they will have to hold it at different rpms when tech 2 says to. i used to have this problems when i had fbodies come to the dealer. ignition can also keep the tach from working. is your security light coming on and staying on at times?
My tach is not working a security light is on so what does that mean how do you fix?

Quick Reply: cam position sensor