Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Y pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker Y pipe question

I'm installing a set of coated hooker longtube headers on my 2000 WS6 this weekend. I ordered my Y-pipe yesterday but the jet hot coated pipe is back ordered so I'm just going with non-coated. I know the jet hot prevents rust and keeps temps cooler, but it's just the Y-pipe so does it really make that much of a difference? The price for non-coated was $50 cheaper but I'm being OCD lol. Any opinions? Should I send the non-coated pipe back and wait for coated or is it not that big of a deal? Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Hooker ORY on my car for 3 years. It is stored from Halloween till middle of April, so no snow. It's sits outside the rest of the year. Never driven in the rain either. It has stayed very nice. Only very small dots of light surface rust are starting at this time. They last pretty nicely because they are aluminized.

My Hooker Super comps Lt's that are ceramic coated on the other hand I am very dissapointed with. They were nice for 1 year, then they turned to absolute ****. There was a solid week of rain 2 years ago, and when I got under the car, the coating bubbled all over. I mean a million blister. It is horrible now. Flakes off every time I get under the car and gets in my eyes. Looks like it will have a hole in it soon. Garbage. But they do fit nice. I learned my lesson. Buy stainless and be done with it. As soon as these get really nasty, they are gone.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. This car sits indoors most of the time so hopefully it will be just fine.