Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out with the LT1, in with the LS1!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I Love This Car!!!

Now that I've had my new LS1 a few months now. Most of the time it's been in the garage, but now that spring is here, I can give a few comments.

Basically...I LOVE THIS CAR!

Again, not to bash the LT1, but there is no comparison, stock for stock. The LS1 is much faster/quicker and smoother. And as far as reliability, again no comparison. Even with 30k more miles (70k on LT1, 101k on LS1), I've had no problems with the engine. Hell, I can even drive the LS1 through a CAR WASH with no issues, LOL.

So far, I've only added a lid, Magnaflow muffler and Bilsteins. For appearance, I've added clear corners, inlays, Corsa-style tips, painted the stock grille gloss black and swapped to a mini antenna. The sound system in my LT1 was hacked up and never sounded right. The LS1 system was completely stock so I just added a new Kenwood HU and JL front speakers, keeping the Monsoon amp and subs and it sounds great. Last week I added the best option - I paid off the small loan I got to get it.

That's going to be it for this year, If I have no problems, I'll probably go LT next year, maybe even a small cam, but right now I'm just enjoying driving a fast, problem free car for awhile.

This turned out to be an expensive lesson and I really wish I had listened to forum members back in 2007 and spent a little more and got a LS1 in the first place.