New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Identification help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010 | 02:05 PM
Teching In

Default LS Identification help

help!! newbie here. newbie to the ls and fuel injected hot rod world. always had big inch big blocks, but now is the time to swallow my pride and take the next step in technology. so...here goes.....

1. i need to identify the engine that i have owned for a year now. bought it from a wrecker, came out of a 06/07 escalade. cant remember exactly what year. i need to figure out what i have. it says vortech max on the intake cover. and i do know it is a 6 litre. LS what?? ls1 ls2? ls7?? lq9?? help me out. or tell me how to identify it.

2. not a lot of info on here about the new gm performance wiring harness and computer set up. looks like a good thing to me. real easy install, and comes with a load of stuff that i would need for any install. has anyone had any experience with this kit?? is it programmable for upgrading down the road?? ideally i would love to install this into my 68 camaro this winter (cold and snowy up here in canada right now) and add some type of forced induction...probably turbo is the most cost effective for me. can fabricate, just not soo good yet with the tuning end. rest of the install doesnt scare me

so, with everyone's help on this site, i will be turning the key shortly!!! point me in the right direction please

thanks in advance.

mark
\

Last edited by marksauto; 11-27-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2010 | 02:09 PM
On The Tree

If it came from that year escalade it is a LQ9. The head castings are 317, and it will say 6.0 on the back of the block

Quick Reply: LS Identification help