Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 in a CJ7 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 in a CJ7 questions

I'm looking to out an LS1 in my Cj7 and need to know what to look for I can buy a Ls1 that has the alluminium block but has 100k + on it. Is there a reason to stay away from the alluminium block? Also is it best to get the wiring and pcm or go with painless to install in a jeep? What I'm looking to so with this is have a strong running jeep and possible down the road do a cam and supercharger so I can run at the dunes with paddles.......maybe so I hope to get some good information here thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Milage means nothing as it all depends on how the motor was used and mantained. I have seen some horrid 50k motors and pristine 200k Motors. Until you crack it open, and inspect bearings, cyl walls, you just dont know. Compression and Leak down test are good examples if its running to test it out. Aluminum blocks are fine, they are a proven platform.

Get the PCM definitly. Have it flashed for what you need. I would say for the jeep though is to get a custom harness for painless as they will have everything you need and its clean. Less of a chance of having broken wires or wires that dont go anywhere.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Anybody use EFI live to do their own tuning? I have it and use it on my Duramax.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM

I have done 5 LS1 Jeep conversions, let me know what you need....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a 5.3, much cheaper and ALOt more durable in a jeep IMO.