Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer and tachometer

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer and tachometer

Hey guys I put a new engine in my 99 T/A about 20 miles ago and all the gauges were working fine. Now all the gauges just went haywire bouncing back and forth (on my way home) for a few hundred feet. They all went back to normall except the tachometer and the speedometer, which completely stopped working. Does anyone have a clue as to what may have caused this to happen?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

Not sure about them not working but the speedo bouncing around has happend in both my f-bodys. Sometimes it turned out to be loose positive/negative connections to the battery. Others times they have just been corroded and in need of being cleaned up. I'm sure your problem is a lot worse though. Good luck to you though.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
Not sure about them not working but the speedo bouncing around has happend in both my f-bodys. Sometimes it turned out to be loose positive/negative connections to the battery. Others times they have just been corroded and in need of being cleaned up. I'm sure your problem is a lot worse though. Good luck to you though.
Ya i searched before posting and found several guys that had the same problem as you, and i checked the battery terminals (took them off and put them back on) and all seemed good. Thanks man