Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive shaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drive shaft problem

hi i have dameged my drive shaft it snaped out at forth gear .. so i got good deal on a used havey duty drive shaft. so i instaled the havey duty one and every thing was fine till after few runns i started getting some vibration could be felt at forth and 5th and 6th gear .. so i went back and instaled a stock one .. and every thing went just fine .... till i started the car again the next day and i got the same problem again i went back to the mechanic and he told me in order to put back my racing shaft i would have to replace what he called a cross .. i think its the part that seats on the u joint that gets instaled on the differential part . and i went to the local gm part shop to get it and they told me its a different size the one they have is a bet smaller .. now nither am i sure of this vibration problem is due to the shaft cross or its some thing els could some one guide me on what could be the problem .. i checked the fluids on the trany and the differential att where fine . all tarny mounts are also fine and .. if some one could guid me on where to find this cross part .. and whats the real name of it .. i live over see,s wichh means i should order it from the states .. thanxx
Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is he talking about a yoke maybe?

It seems like you've got a driveshaft with a 1350 yoke and you're putting it on a rear with a 1310 yoke...