Sponsored by:

what drive shaft goes on moser 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what drive shaft goes on moser 12 bolt

hi i perchesd a new full axil assembly 12 bolt moser with a 3.42 ration
fited it on 99 trans am . i had a problem on the stoke drive shaft it wouldn,t fit . it tends to be a bit longer so i had to chop part of it and reweld the shaft i instaled it no problem after driving it for to days no problem but then i started getting a major vibration could be felt especialy at 4th and 5th and
6th gear .. this could be felt at the trany i checked on it and found that the yoke was dameged i am gessing it is do to the incorect size of the shaft maybe i jst choped alot .. so what would be a good size drive shaft or wich company makes them and wich website sells them i mostly deal with summitracing cause the do oversee,s shiping . if posible also a havey duty drive shaft would be better thanx
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bob from brutespeed could help you.go to the rear end section of this forum and email or click on any vendor there that sells rear ends.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I installed a 9 inch moser in my 98 camaro and had to replace the stock u joint with a 1320 series?? Stock length shaft should have worked unless im mistaken. I don't think I would have chopped up my ds no matter what :p
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

my stock length driveshaft worked just changed the u joint to the 1350 series
Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you have the correct U joint for the Yoke, thats the biggest issue. I had gotten a Denny Nitrous Ready D/S and they had me measure once the car was together. I noticed it was REAL tight on the install, I had moved that from a 94 A4 trans car to current '02 M6 car and there was no binding at all and have removed multiple times w/o issue.

Sometimes suspension needs to settle. I have seen guys run stock D/S off of 12 bolts and 9" rears.

Quick Reply: what drive shaft goes on moser 12 bolt