Sponsored by:

RPO: BBS Hurst Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPO: BBS Hurst Shifter

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed that I'll be posting pictures of in the morning, but I've got a few questions that have me boggled.

Mind you, I know quite a bit about cars, but have never witnessed this before.

When I shift the gears are very precise, but it feels as though it's grinding gears or the synchros through either the shifter or the linkage, but it is not grinding. There are no audible noises, just what I feel in the shifter. It feels as though theres 3-4 click/notch type feelings in the shifter but that's it.. No problems shifting.

Is that just normal with these shifters?

My other question is in regards to the clutch. While re-engaging the clutch very slowly nothing is heard/felt but doing normal shifts it sounds like a clunk? Almost as though the clutch disk in non-dampened. I'm unsure if the clutch is original stock or aftermarket or what not. But for 98,000 miles after engaging/disengaging properly I'm assuming it may've been replaced at one point or another.

The clutch engages and disengages, fulfilling it'd duties but just leaves me with a clunk-like sound. It engages fast and hard. .... Any ideas? (And no, I'm not dropping the clutch.)

Thanks for any replies!

-Derek
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well honestly compared to all the other cars i have driven or owned, when i got my camaro i was wondering the same thing about when i shift though my gears, it has a freshly rebuilt transmission.. Didnt really answer your Q but hope you dont feel like your the only one lol
Old 01-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

mine does the same thing, even after I swapped clutches. I think I need the adjustable master because it would seem to me that the clutch is not disengaging fast or far enough
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Well I'm a little happier knowing that 2 people have the same "issue" that I do.

Other than that I love the car, just needs a little washing from these dirty roads out here.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah man cause with mine i can shift just fine aswell, even at high rpms..

Yeah i got to do the same
Old 01-15-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Well I'm glad to get that problem off my chest.

Damn.. Colorado.. Your's is prolly a bit dirtier than mine out here in PA/NJ haha. I can only imagine the roads out there...

Quick Reply: RPO: BBS Hurst Shifter